Search results

1. T

POST PICS OF YOUR SHRIMP, CRAYS, CRABS AND LOBSTERS HERE

Hi, here's a few macro pics of one of my egg bound Amano Shrimp, and a Florida Blue Crayfish. The shrimp were caught by myself in a local stream. Be sure to click on the view full-size links! Thanks for looking!
  2. T

Couple of pics inside of my poly setup and some specific ID's would be nice.

The Palmas is a Palmas Polli, and IMO, the Lap is a CB Nigerian Lap.
  3. T

wild-caught teugelsi pics?

WC Juvenile Teugelsi:
  4. T

ID please

IMO, they are both Lapradei.
  5. T

ID please

Hi JwHiser13, I'm not studying biology. But then I don't need to be to understand the term "hybrid" could have many branches. Cheers, TGM
  6. T

ID please

Well, if you want my opinion Gar88, I agree with you. I see a very low quality CB Lap myself, but then I haven't had the misfortune of owning one of these "CV maju Lap x Endli", so I cant rule it out.
  7. T

ID please

JwHiser13, there are different forms of hybrids in biology. A hybrid such as being discussed here is whats known as an "interspecific hybrid".
  8. T

ID please

^^^ Nail on the head! Come on you guys, none of you could see Lapradei???
  9. T

Pure Ansorgii or Hybrid?

Hybrids for sure. Look just like the Indonesian Ans x End.
  10. T

New Ornate WC

Cute little Kitty. Looks CB though IMO.
  11. T

Curious about endl x ornate hybrid

Bichir mania was huge in Japan a long time ago, and the big name breeders would compete for the "best" breeds. They would also have a huge "Pride Of Japan" thing going on. At the time there were 2 major countries that would breed Bichirs. Japan and Indonesia. Then the Indo breeders were famous...
  12. T

Curious about endl x ornate hybrid

Not being bred anymore. And the originals were not available for export out of Japan. Shame really, all the big name breeders like Dory-K, GenkiPoly, Kamihata and GEF etc had strong policies of no international export. They could of made so much money from international buyers! Eventually...
  13. T

baby wc teugelsi?

Very unlikely. Especially as right now there is a HUGE Teugelsi breeding program going on all over Asia.
  14. T

New Lapradei

That's much nicer plat. I would be concerned about your new one though bud.
  15. T

New Lapradei

I once had a platinum Endlicheri. Traded it for a zebra cat. They can look fab, but just not for me. I prefer my Bichirs Wild where possible. Plats, albinos hybrids and SB just don't do it for me.
  16. T

New Lapradei

Not saying for sure, but looks like a washed out / newly introduced / white tank treatment Bichir to me. Where I come from the STANDARD for a Platinum Bichir is white. all white. No markings feint or otherwise. Like this young Delhezi for example: Keep us updated...
  17. T

Polypterus hybrids

All done through artificial means by VERY skilled farmers. IMO it isn't worth the effort to even try.
  18. T

help confirm ID

Nope, not a short body. Not even a semi short.
  19. T

Short body?

Its a CB Nigerian Lap. I think its a normal size.
  20. T

Delhezi pattern?

It will stay like that pretty much.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store