Search results

1. Cholly

PetSmart, or PetCo Employed?

Never knew a true fish lover who stayed at any of the big box stores very long. Sooner or later they tangled with management and lost. I'm not saying that you can't learn a lot there, you can. You just have to sift through what you're told and compare it to what people with fish over 10 years...
  2. Cholly

have you gotten taller after 16

I was 5'11" at 16, topped out at 6'1" around 17. I'm the runt, "little" brother is 6'4", baby brother is 6'6". Sure glad I was nice to them when they actually were little.
  3. Cholly

Can I keep polypterus?

It will depend on if you get an "adventurous eater" even for the angels. Most will leave them alone, but I had a senegal that decided that one of the angels looked tasty and by gosh he was going to see for sure! Took an 8" tall angel on a death roll when he was only about 6-1/2" long. He moved...
  4. Cholly

favorite food for bichir

Ghost shrimp are like crack for most predators, polys included.
  5. Cholly

free delhezi or two

Does he carry polypterus and if he does, WHERE'S THE STORE?!? Moved to Covington a year ago, have not had any luck finding a "monster" or even a good oddball store. It's really hard to find a freshwater store around here that isn't a nationwide chain.
  6. Cholly

Poly's are my new favorite fish!

Try rolling the pellets in crushed garlic. Garlic acts as an attractant and appetite stimulator for many predators, polys included. Once they recognize the pellets as food you can back off the garlic. The trick is getting them to recognize the pellets as food.
  7. Cholly

Netflix to raise prices soon!

The limit is TWO AT A TIME. I have Netflix on a Wii, 2 bluray players, 2 desktops, a laptop, a Kindle Fire and a 3DS. Only problem happened when my wife. daughter and I all wanted to watch different Netflix programs at the same time. Toss in Amazon Prime, no more conflicts.
  8. Cholly

Anyone like anime?

Not that I'm aware of. I liked it too.
  9. Cholly

Anyone like anime?

I've noticed that a LOT of really, really good ones are short, 13 to 26 episodes. I watch a number of ongoing animes with my daughter, Fairytail, Bleach, Naruto, Blue Exorcist... My guilty pleasure is Sekirei, waiting for season 3.
  10. Cholly

Labeled as delhezi... ID?

He'll probably color up some after you get him home and he gets comfortable with his new surroundings.
  11. Cholly

Fish that go well with bichirs?

An exception, yes, but far from unheard of. My very first senegal did not like angelfish for some reason. I actually caught him(too late, sadly!) taking one for a death-roll. Haven't seen African Brown Knife mentioned, they make good tankmates. My first senegal was bought as a tankmate for one.
  12. Cholly

"Royal Tiger" delhezi?

No doubt about it, that blue senegal was dyed. No ETHICAL person sells them, the practice has an immediate 40-60% mortality rate, with a reduced life expectancy for the survivors. And the color FADES, it doesn't last. There are a few unethical methods of adding color to fish, explained here...
  13. Cholly

Any smokers? Need advice.

Until she decides to quit completely or gets used to the e-cig and goes strictly with it and a fairly regular dosage of nicotine, she probably will be. I quit 3 years ago after 35 years 1 pack/day. I did it cold turkey, but there's no way on God's green earth that I would have succeeded had I...
  14. Cholly

Pitbutll Mauls 4 Yr Old Boy

lol, pretty much
  15. Cholly

Homeowners,how much are your property taxes and which services do you receive?

SC? Really? Their average taxes for the same value house(and similarly priced) is twice what it is in GA. It was one of the deciding factors for my relocating, one of the first places I considered was Aiken, SC.
  16. Cholly

Pitbutll Mauls 4 Yr Old Boy

For parents, one of the things that was taught to me VERY early and I passed on to my own kid, TEACH THEM TO ASK AN ADULT BEFORE APPROACHING ANY STRANGE ANIMAL. My parents were VERY thankful that they had taught me this when I was all of 3. We were up on Mt. Spokane picking huckleberries with...
  17. Cholly

Homeowners,how much are your property taxes and which services do you receive?

I'm feeling pretty happy with my taxes about now. Not as happy as Oddball, but pretty happy, nonetheless. And just over half an acre to mow is enough for my rather beat-up body.
  18. Cholly

Child Dies From Infected Rat; Family Sues Petco

If there was true negligence on the corporation(PetCo, in this instance) I might agree. I do not like Petco, I do not patronize their stores. But in this case, Petco not only had an "Industry-wide Best Practices Policy" IN PLACE, there was no reason FOR THEM to suspect anything was out of the...
  19. Cholly

Anyone else make this connection?

That was true BEFORE we started trying to idiot-proof things. All we've gotten out of that is better idiots.
  20. Cholly

Poor Chevette

Keep the original rims. That way you can just take the hub caps off anytime you have to drive in a high crime area.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store