Search results

1. S

Nitrate killers

Well if you have to change 72 gallons of water a week just becuase of nitrates, isn't that kind of a waste?
  2. S

Don't think Cichlid are social fish.

No, you are guilty not the parrot. You introduced the two, you are responsible.
  3. S

Nitrate killers

I think water changes are kind of wastefull and most people will say only water changes will take away nitrates(which is kind of dumb cuase changing the water will take everything away) but plants and a full nitrogen cycle is the easiest way to maintain nitrate levels. Low light= less growth...
  4. S

Snail Infestations and Solutions to Eliminating Them

You can also put a crawfish or shrimp to get rid of the snails too, though, crays will eat thte plants too, though, the cray will most likely eat all the snails before doing serious damage to the plants. In a couple of days, a juvie cray has single handed eliminated a serious infestation of...
  5. S

Why the Monsters? Is It Ethical?

Monster does equal passion in this case. Haven't you read any of the articles in which he says he created the name "Monster" becuase of the passion and not the size of whatever?
  6. S

Done with Eheims

I don't own an Eheim or a Fluval, but I can say it is easier and cheaper to get a Fluval part vs an Eheim part. My local retailer also says it is hard to find parts too and he also said that Eheim is the best, so he isn't very biased... Personally, I'd go pick up an Fx5, though, I'm running a...
  7. S

Your not a M F K Unless ?

You're not a MFK member untill you have a fish that needs a forklift to move it into another tank, which is taking the place of a couch or other peice of furniture.
  8. S

Worst Feeling Evev!

If anyone did this to my house, I would be searching craigslist, calling local and non local pawn shops, ebay. If I caught them during the act I would stab them ( I have two knifes in my room, for uhh...aquarium stuff)
  9. S

Tips for getting your wife/ girlfriend to let you get a BIG fishtank

Hmmm I'd rather just take a day off from work(don't tell her) set up the tank. She comes home to a 200 gallon planted discus tank to surprise her. Then talk about getting a 500 gallon tank, she'd probably say yes becuase of her surprise tank :D. It is a win win, a 200 gallon discus tank and a 500.
  10. S

Never Trust Cray..

You had it comming, crays are vicious little things, they're highly aggressive, will eat eachother, and other fish.
  11. S

Fx5 setup and performance

On other fish keeping forums, carbon does leach..... I would just toss carbon away, though you do want it for odor, and put more bio media in there or maybe some sponges.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store