Search results

1. S

Oscar Death

Sorry no adult pics. She was almost solid black with grey stripes, a orange ring on her tale, and tiny beautiful leopard spots behind her gills that didn't materialize untill well after a year!
  2. S

Oscar friendly non cichlids

Giant danios are extremely fast
  3. S

Oscar Death

When I got the fish I imagined she was male so I named her Mortimer lol
  4. S

Oscar Death

One of my two favorite fish has died. She developed sores on the inside of her mouth and refused to eat.:( This 12" oscar was so friendly to all other fish and was the ideal tankmate. She was a very dark colored oscar with very little red markings at all. I had her for a great two and a half years
  5. S

firemouth cichlids

My male grew to be more colorful than my female but his agggression got him in trouble with other fish so he died. female has been doing good for 2 years but she isn't consistantly brightly colored. Some times she vivid other times very dull coloration.
  6. S

HEEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

Wow that sounded scary
  7. S

Petsmart finally does something right

be extremely careful and quarentine them. clown loaches are extremely suceptible to ich from there.
  8. S

300 gallon tank on hardwoof floor

be absolutly sure that it sits across as many boards as possible so that they share the weight burden. If it runs along the length of the floor boards long ways then there will be fewer of them to hold it up and the boards will bend and warp. In other words the tank should have its length...
  9. S

hiding clowns

mine rarely hide. they come out when I approach. That's because the lighting is dim. They feel more secure and less vulnerable without intense lighting
  10. S

Feeding clownloach cucumber

Back when i would blanche that would make it more messy by far. Don't know if anyone else has experienced that
  11. S

Making my fish happy, makes me happy

it's a matter trial and error so don't get discouraged if things go wrong. That's just part of it.
  12. S

Blue acara with Firemouth?

they might fight but that always the chance we take. The odds of them getting along are probably better than most cichlids
  13. S

Channel catfish

I got mine for like 6 bucks
  14. S

Channel catfish

Because you live in shreveport the weather should not be too extreme in the winter.
  15. S

Channel catfish

I got a channel cat a few months ago and it has quickly gone from 3" to 9". The smaller they are the more shy they are but as they gro they become more and more confident. Make sure you have a lot of time in contact with it so that it gets used to you faster. Put your hand in the water when you...
  16. S

who has the biggest rtc on mfk

are you sure you have it and you weren't just dreaming?
  17. S

How large do tankmates have to be to live with...

severum would probably be in danger, fire eel is slender and therefore easy to swallow, you'd have to consider the silver dollars as possibly expendable in that tank
  18. S

What are you listening to right now??

stone temple pilots
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store