Search results

1. J

Micro white moving dots.

i had them / have them all i have to do is look for them , they swim vertical when their not wiggling / some kind of larvae maybe from a nat
  2. J

I think there's a really foul smell coming from my tank.

get a new test kit , do wc until then , should be ok
  3. J

How do you put back water in the tank?

i have a 275g tote i use for my 300g
  4. J

Sponge Filter!!!

zip ties ?
  5. J

bio just crashed need help asap

a little nitrate no problem bio must be working
  6. J

Too much current?

u like it the fish r new to it ,should b good
  7. J

Sponge Filter!!!

one more place for foam filter / ideas www.swisstropicals.com look at ''filter foam''
  8. J

Sponge Filter!!!

make one , the biggest one 4 sale is 9x9''at www.aquaticeco.com
  9. J

Magdrive quesiton

i dont use the prefilter due to it restricting the flow w/o any debris in or on it with ur filter above would b much simpler to filter there, big hassle otherwise trying to retrieve the pfilters from the pump
  10. J

White Film in tank

are ur parameters good #'s
  11. J

Sump flow!?

what r u using for mechanical filter
  12. J

Sump flow!?

seems maybe your stand pipes need to be higher so not to release too much water
  13. J

Bacteria

try adding more bio-media and abigger pump to the sump
  14. J

Slow overflow

overflow is incomplete get a new one with a box on the back of tank too not just a hose used as a siphon
  15. J

I need some DIY Filter Ideas

i was talking of 2 different filters the 1st is out of the water with the hole at the bottom a piece of matala n what i use is a 5''wide piece of poly bond filter pad probably 4-5' rolled up n sat on top of the matala then pump the water thru a hole in the lid i used bulkheads for the holes...
  16. J

I need some DIY Filter Ideas

if u have the filter above the water just put a 3'' hole in the bottom covered with matala or similar then foam or poly of your chose / if in the water start with 1 bucket full of holes any pattern then cut out another bucket almost completely leaving the top 4'' n bottom of the bucket leaving 3...
  17. J

why dont people use siphons?

yes a siphon will work with a pressurized canister filter i did the same with a pump after the filter , i used a ball valve to maintain the siphon while servicing
  18. J

skimless multi-level overflow

seems like the horizontal pipe along with the one to the sump should be bigger than bulkheads / ok i see u mentioned that good desigh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store