Search results

1. bill hundt

Large 550 gallon tank

I have a 550 gallon tank. I have a dozen red hook silver dollars and some plecos. At this point I need to add the cichlids. Outside the pike crenchila I will have central American fish. What do you think of these fish. I only want one of each genus Citrinellum, a petenia splendida snook...
  2. bill hundt

500/600 gallon stocking :shocked:

:nilly:I am setting up a 600 gallon new world cichlid tank. Lots of plecos. What cichlids would you put in the tank.:smurf
  3. bill hundt

Seachem matrix

:nilly: I use Matrix in both my Ehiem 2217 in each of my 180 gallon cichlid tanks. Each tank has a 2217, ocean clear canister, and a sand filter. Do weekly water changes no problems with any illness all fish and fins look good. :mwave:
  4. bill hundt

HR669 ban on importation of many animals, including fish! PETITION!

Opposed to bill HR669. William T. Hundt
  5. bill hundt

letils good for plecos?

:devil: I read the above post on food. I am making a new batch of food and wanted to use lentils. Are they safe once cooked, I would fold it in to a batch of frozen food I am makong. Do not want to cause any deaths :frog: Thank you :mwave:
  6. bill hundt

acclimation question

Thanks for the reply.:turtle: I was not very clear. I was told by these breeders to quickly remove the fish from the foul shipping water into clean water as fast as you are able. The danger of leaving the fish in waste water that has been opened to the air out weighs any danger in clean water...
  7. bill hundt

acclimation question

:popcorn: How do you acclimate your fish? I have been told by two different wholesalers put them in to the new tank as soon as they arrive. Others say do it slowly. what do you do and why? :turtle:Thank you:smurf
  8. bill hundt

l-25 massive waste, ie. poop

tank is 180 gallons pike, gibbiceps, 2 oscar, 3 silver dollars. sand bio filter, eheim 2217, ocean clear 340 cartridge filter with 800 gph pump. the water changes may be exsesive but i want to remove as much waste as i can both the oscars and pike can get hole in the head. i also want to remove...
  9. bill hundt

yep 90% :turtle: Also wanted to say, my fish is quite peaceful. However he has no problem displacing a Venezuala pike cichlid that is three times his size and an equally large gibbiceps pleco. No harm is done to any one they give in to his wishes. It is kind of funny since the gibbiceps and...
  10. bill hundt

Which Loricariid (Pleco) is your #1?

:) L-152 pineapple pleco. Parancistrus are great fish. My best fish is the L-25 scarlet pleco
  11. bill hundt

:popcorn: I got a sub adult L-25 from exotic finds a few months ago. Good sevice I recomend them. Anyway , I researched the fish @ planet catfish. They said that they are very dirty and should be the center piece of the tank not an addition to a tank with other large fish.:hitting: Well being...
  12. bill hundt

pvc cave

I never thought of using a glue gun :nilly:
  13. bill hundt

pvc cave

I built a cave for my L-25 pleco. I used 18 inches of 6 inch pvc covered in rocks using pvc glue (cement). Allowed to cure 24 plus hours.Set in bucket with garden hose on high to wash of anything that was not stuck on. Placed in tank. I tried using silicon glue but over time it would come...
  14. bill hundt

food binders

:asianarow What are my options when making my fish food for binders I have always used gelatin. I have heard there are others that may work better. :smurf thank you :asianarow
  15. bill hundt

prime chlorine chloramine remover

for 180 gallons of tap water for a water change how much cloram-x powder do I use
  16. bill hundt

cloram-x

:turtle: I have some powder cloram-x and I need to know how much to use. The comp. says 1oz to 253 gallons to remove ammonia. I am using 180 gallons of clean make up water for use after a water change. Need to remove chlorine,not ammonia. :asianarow :stingray:
  17. bill hundt

Do I have to many fish ?

:turtle: I have a 180 gallon tank filtered by an eheim 2217, rena 400 air pump, power head for water movement, ocean clear canister filter w/800gph pump. I do a weekly 80% water change and filter cleaning ( not bio- media) :nutkick: The fish are 2 Oscars, 5 silver dollars, 2 raphael cats, sail...
  18. bill hundt

pike personality differences

:frog: I have 2 pikes each in there own 180 gallon tank the tank mates are similar the fish ars quite different. The Venezuela pike , a large ugly gray beast.When I got him I did so because he was gray and ugly I was afraid he would not sell or be teated badly a die from neglect. He spends his...
  19. bill hundt

Rapp's pike

I also got the Peru Oscar and the Lenticulata as well as the geo's
  20. bill hundt

Rapp's pike

:grinyes: I bought 4 fish from Jeff Rapp @ tangled up in chlids. 2 geophagus a bahia and a abalios they went in a 180 gallon tank with a large Venezuela pike over a foot long , a 12 inch gibbiceps pleco, a 8 inch domestic Oscar ,5 silver dollars,and 2 raphael cats. :shocked: The second 180...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store