Search results

1. F

Mudskipper paludarium- an alternative solution

When you coming to Texas and what do charge? Great project!! You have some awesome skills!
  2. F

Arapaima Pond Build

awesome project!! can't wait to read more, wish I could come help!!
  3. F

Let's see those chubbys

I have no idea- the lfs that my wife buys food at recommended this to her. It lasted about a month or so before it got eaten. other than that I couldn't tell you much about it.
  4. F

Let's see those chubbys

My chubby, after he woke my wife up by munching up a freshwater clam that had been in his tank for a month or so.
  5. F

New Brackish tank

90 minutes would be fine - just keep the temp stable and acclimate them properly when you get them home.
  6. F

New Brackish tank

Nice looking tank, looks like they'll have ample swimming room for a little while. and yes the argentus have the yellow coloration. these are mine - hard to get pics because they are so active
  7. F

400 acrylic tank and stand, PU_westminster 92683

Visiting Texas anytime soon? Bump for a tank that should be closer to my house - preferably in my house
  8. F

New Brackish tank

Sounds like A very active tank- which monos are you getting? I have some mono argentus and two cats in my brackish - they are very active and get pretty big- post some pics if you get a chance
  9. F

What is your Day Job?

Shop foreman and senior mechanic at motorpool here in korea- until i head back to fort hood next month and i'll see what job I get there- SOLDIER FIRST Though
  10. F

Brackish Stock Idea

figure 8 isn't really a brackish fish -although i have kept one in my brackish tank for over a year and he's done just fine. Chromides are a good idea, maybe some flagfish and i've heard of people keeping golden wonder killi's in brackish.
  11. F

Lost a couple archers :cry: why???

just noticed how dirty the tank looks. My wife has been maintaining it and one other for the last 11 months. I think she has done an excellent job considering shes under 5 foot. lol must be hard to reach the back of the tank -
  12. F

some shots of the new guys - still bummed about losing the others, you can see the size difference between the new guys and the one remaining original. new ones were 2.5in
  13. F

Big Tanks (200+ Gallons) Near Orlando, Florida

I do believe you've been called out!
  14. F

Fishing weights good or bad?

lead is extremely soft metal- try to scratch it or drop it on a hard surface - should leave a nice scratch or flat mark if its lead- as tungsten and alternative to lead weights are usually more expensive and harder to find i'm pretty sure you have lead weights.
  15. F

well they arrived toady - after a nice 3 -4 hour acclimation process my wife got them added to the tank without any issues. Thanks for the help and I'll post a pic here when she sends me some.
  16. F

Freshwater goby

probably a lfs/marketing name that is not well known - A pic would help if not try a good description of the fish.
  17. F

Green Spotted Puffers

market shrimp has a decent shell on it, thats what I mainly feed mine. that and give the lfs a few bucks to scoop unwanted snails out of their planted tanks.
  18. F

Farm equipment is awesome Music...................wow !!

Can't believe that is real. as awesome as it would be. Tried to google wick school of engineering, matthew gerhard alumni hall and robert m trammell music conservatory and all that cam up were links to this video and links to it being a hoax. Thanks for sharing though - fake or not it was fun...
  19. F

possibly on ph as that is one thing she didnt test for - don't know if it would have showed though. as to temp it was mid 70's that week and she used the faucet outside. she did let the water run for a few minutes before adding to the tank. I also have puffers and 2 brackish cats in this tank so...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store