Search results

1. H

I.D. this please! some sort of african

That a 100% Pseudotropheus Acei...
  2. H

New here and need help identifying my Africans.

4th pic: Pseudotropheus Acei and Metriaclima estherae (Orange fish) 5th pic: left fish is a Metriaclima callainos. Right fish looks like a Pseudotropheus socolofi albino (Correct me if i'm wrong) Top mid is a Melachromis Johannii
  3. H

ready to drop mbuna????

Put the estherae in another tank and let her spit or you can strip her in another tank or container. If you put them in the same tank and the estherae spits her babies out, the yellow lab still has potential to kill that babies because it can be a possible threat to the labs babies.
  4. H

Archocentrus Centrarchus a.k.a. Flier Cichlid

Thanks. I guess I have 3 males if it's according to that cite. I lucked out... Thanks for the information.
  5. H

Been looking on google and other cites.. Not much information on these guys. I guess not much people come across them.
  6. H

Wassup MFK, I just aquired myself (3) 4-5" Archocentrus Centrarchus. I have been wanting to get into centrals for a while then stumbled across these fishes. This is my first centrals (Besides convicts) so I don't know what to look out for in sexing them. Does anyone know how to go about...
  7. H

2 headed ahli...

COOL!! :P Hopefully it'll make it "long term"
  8. H

what to do

Take the male out, Re-arrange the decors, Let her get comfortable and recover a bit(Atleast a week, two would be a lot better.), then when she looks ready re-introduce the male to the tank. If you let it continue you can possibly lose your female..
  9. H

convict cichlid

Once the female starts showing color on her belly she can breed. I've had them breed when my female was only 1 inch and a half. They were still in the grow-out process and bred in my grow-out tank.
  10. H

yellow lab breeding problems

You could do a 50% water change then see what happens. or you could take out your yellow lab males (for about 1-2 weeks.), During that 1-2 weeks Fatten your females up, then re-introduce only your dominent male.
  11. H

African Cichlids, Least liked!?!?

^ I too went from american fishes to africans and felt like I downgraded.. I have raised africans for 3 years now and I can honestly say that the decision to switch was the best thing I did in my 8 years of fish keeping. Of course I do miss my big fishes and expecially the action they brought...
  12. H

yellow lab breeding problems

How often do you water change?
  13. H

ID??? This is one uber hot peacock!

Looks like a hybrid to me. The closest I could find that looks like that is a red shoulder.
  14. H

Questions on breeding crayfish

Hm, Idk what i'm doing wrong then. I watch them breed in the LFS but never did at home. All they do is hide in the rockwork.
  15. H

Why are fry survival rates so low?

fishes could be picking at the frys though the breeder net. Airation could have too much flow and is stressing the young ones. Could be many things.. I'd get them their own tank and use 80-100% of the main tanks water. And do daily or bi-daily water changes. About 10 - 20% water changes. You...
  16. H

I.D Me!!

When she opens her mouth do you still see yellow eggs or tiny tiny eyes staring at you? read about "stripping cichlids" One thing is you don't knwo how long she was holding, who bred with her, ect.. But atleast you got babies... Since she didn't spit/swallow when she was in the bag she must've...
  17. H

How can i sex my demasoni

There is no other way. Venting is the best and only 100% method. How big are they. You should learn how to vent cichlids. I feel everyone who breeds fishes should know how to vent. it's not to hard to learn.
  18. H

Need help on Yellow Lab Breeding

A 30 long would be good enough if you take out all but 1 male when they get to breeding age. And if that's a good lfs they should be able to vent them for you. Or let you do it. Or this is what you can do. It's not 100% accurate but it bumps up your chances a whole lot. Pick out about 8...
  19. H

Snail machine floating in tank?

Can someone tell me what this contraption does? This is the first time i've ever heard/seen it before. ~Hype
  20. H

My Friends Peacock Laid eggs. [What to do?]

Ever tried venting your cousins bass' to determine weather you have a male or not? Got pics of all 3 bass' seperately. Males nautical hump usually swells up and turns red when in breeding conditions.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store