Search results

1. O

Setting up a tank

i'm just trying to make the point that you can put more than 15 fish in a 55 gallon aquarium. I had plenty of success keeping my aquarium much more stocked than that. Also, the tank is, shall we say, crouded, however, if you can identify all of those fish in that blury picture as hybrids, you...
  2. O

Setting up a tank

One more article http://www.cichlidae.com/article.php?id=144
  3. O

Setting up a tank

I've seen some really interesting "advice" givin on this posting. A 29 gallon is a decent sized tank for quite some time for african cichlids. And as far as over crowding malawi cichlids, it is almost a must. When I started my first Malawi tank 11 years ago I had just 3 or 4 fish in the tank...
  4. O

battle between a bluefish and a trigger, who will win?

It amazes me that people debate things like this.
  5. O

Setting up a tank

You can keep malawi's in a 29 gallon. You need to over filter the tank because for the fish to be happy you need to over stock the tank. In the natural environment they have a very high population density and that should be reflected in the tank. The reason you should do this is because they...
  6. O

new inverts!!

your searpent star is probably hiding somewhere in the sand. diggin the color of the starfish. Good luck with the sea apple. They don't havve the best track record of staying alive. Though some people got no problems with them
  7. O

A. Compressiceps, or A. Calvus?

I'm in agreement. Well in that it got me thinking about the differences as juvies. I still think it is a compy though. :woot:
  8. O

Force-feeding Lions

clowns have to be exposed to anemone's before they pick up the slime coating. and it does wear off.
  9. O

A. Compressiceps, or A. Calvus?

looks like a compressiceps to me. Looks like it might be a yellow. it will take some time before it's decent size. damn things grow too slow. doesn't stop it from being one of my all time favorite fish though.
  10. O

Force-feeding Lions

i can't say i've ever tried force feeding fish. I've done it to reptiles before. and if fish stop eating, they definately don't always start again.
  11. O

new

that's a pretty sweet looking lion. really tiny. I can't say I've ever seen a 2 inch lion for sale.
  12. O

urchins

I had the tuxedo urchin in my old tank. It just wandered around eating algae when it felt like it. Its a pretty neat thing to have in a tank.
  13. O

lighting

nothing. the spectrum is wrong. at least for salt water. you might be able to keep some house plants if you put the bulb up high enough. Basically, what I'm saying is that you really should use lighting designed for reef aquariums to have corals live. It's that simple.
  14. O

New to the site.

what kind of africans do you have in the tank right now? malawi or tanganyikan? big difference between the two. Some people mix them, I however am a firm believer in not mixing lake species. Can't wait to see the pics. welcome
  15. O

lighting

Probably not. Halogen lights are not in the correct spectrum for anemone's to survive.
  16. O

figure 8 puffer salt

be careful with hydrometers. the ones you buy at fish stores are incredibley inaccurate. Some are right, some are way off. I used to have 3 and they all read different salinities. One would read 1.019 while another would read 1.026.
  17. O

anemone info

My long tentacle never attached to anything. I've been told they bury themselves in the sand, but even then it never was happy. I had it for several weeks before it died. I was not happy. It was purple. My rose however grew to be huge like 18 inches across. The thing was absolutely enormous. I...
  18. O

Random Pics

I miss my xenia. It grew like a weed, but it was so cool.
  19. O

Latest Photo shoot. #2

I hated that my red empress took for damned ever to show some color.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store