Search results

1. E

Guess What's in the Box!

My question would be why are you receiving an animal in a second hand Cricket box to begin with? I'd personally flip if I received anything I'd paid for that way..........
  2. E

Reliable online source.

They're going to Export you one Pixie Frog?..........There's a reason why you either can't find them or have to pay 10x in Canada........
  3. E

Shark Fishing In Port St. Lucie Florida

Most any species that are interested in feeding are going to be in waist deep water or less........Including Sharks........Never really understood why everyone wants to cast 500 yards past the breakers and past the Fish.......Snook, Tarpon, Redfish, etc....... It's funny watching the...
  4. E

My heart was nearly broken - how i almost hung up my poles - can you help?

I'd find another Hobby if this one makes you sick........ For every Bass you see kept, there are multiple animals ( in the same pound class ) waiting to take its place.........Maybe take up Diving so you can really see the whole picture?
  5. E

Common Snapper x Alligator Snapping Turtle??

Just about any Turtle in captivity is useless for conservation.........Assurance colonies do not equal conservation........ As far as the original subject - It's not impossible - Just because we haven't seen them pop up yet doesn't mean it hasn't happened.......Alot of things are done behind...
  6. E

Prizes to Anglers Who Catch and Kill Snakeheads

Why does everyone reference Peacock Bass? Guess what? South Florida has changed to the point where the invasives eat the nvasives........And the Bass eat the invasives....... Total Apples to Oranges argument compared to the rest of the country!
  7. E

What brand of thermostat do you use on your rack system?

What you have to understand is that flexwatt will only heat 10-20 degrees above room temp........So if you have a 60 degree room, your only going to get a 80 degree basking spot at best...... While I don't reccomend it, I have used Flexwatt without Thermostats in the past based on room...
  8. E

Basking bulbs

If they are getting wet, you'll go through them like you are........ Either pony the money up and buy the "specialized" Reptile Bulbs that are made to get wet, or 1) Use Outdoor Floods that are made to get wet...... 2) Buy cheap bulbs and replace them as needed.....
  9. E

What brand of thermostat do you use on your rack system?

After burning up 4 Helix DBS-1000s in one summer, I switched to Ranco and never looked back........
  10. E

Frog Help - Semi-Urgent

Pretty much, it's already gone........ If you have a Pyxie that doesn't want to eat, you already have your answer.......Don't try and De-worm them unless you get a fecal and know what you're treating, otherwise you'll end up with 5 dead Pyxies........
  11. E

So I go to Petco for some feeders....

I keep Turtles like everyone else.......I've kept both common and rare Pelusios/Pelomedusa and I have never had problems....... I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why my "real knowledge" is so clouded, after all, I do produce my own Offspring from Turtles in my collection...... But...
  12. E

anyone know about Lygodactylus williamsi?

You can't handle Phelsuma at all.......
  13. E

So I go to Petco for some feeders....

That's not true at all - Subrufa can be kept in small groups with no issues......Most Pelusios can.....
  14. E

CB2011 Javan File Snakes - Acrochordus Javanicus - Fl, shipping nationwide!

I have captive born Javan File Snakes available and ready to go. Feeding on Rosy Reds/Gambusia and doing very well. These guys make interesting captives, but can not be kept like Fish. They will not do well in heavily filtered water. Priced at $70 each, plus shipping. If interested, please...
  15. E

Took in some baby Iggies

Ummmmm.....The cool side stays the same? You can make a 120 degree basking spot with a 30 watt indoor flood......Making a desirable basking spot with low wattage bulbs is a really easy thing to do, but I guess I don't know how to keep Iguanas.......After all, I only go through around a thousand...
  16. E

Took in some baby Iggies

A 95 degree basking spot is like keeping them in a refridgerator......Needs to be 120 degrees +....... And the one on the left looks an awful lot like a Spinytail........They don't eat Rabbit food at this point........
  17. E

FRT Shell Pealing

Wow.......Turtles shed, but FRTs don't have scutes....... You'd need a picture(s) of what your looking before anyone can even make a guess at what's going on.......
  18. E

Keeled Box Turtles - AKA Jagged edge turtle

You do realize Flavomarginata and most Cuora are animal/bug feeders right? You were annoyed by an animal that was doing what it was hard wired to do?
  19. E

blue tongue skink with red tint to skin

That's normal - Pigment comes, pigment goes......It'll probably shed in a few days..... Not anywhere close to a burn or anything of the sort.......
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store