Search results

1. Hoyo12

Hydrocynus ID

Thank you both for the responses! Brevis was what I was thinking for the more silver one. Vittatus seemed like a pretty good answer for the other two. Still can't tell if they're both the same species, they do look pretty similar. Probably going to stick with the healthier looking ones...
  2. Hoyo12

Hydrocynus ID

Looking for help with an ID! I've read every thread and post imaginable on the difference between younger Hydrocynus species, and I'd still like some opinions. Boss man came across some "African Goliath Tiger Fish" listed on his wholesale spread sheet ~ so he ordered a group of three. However...
  3. Hoyo12

IS THIS CLOWN KNIFE ALBINO???

Just a Gold Clown Knife - despite the color difference in the eyes. Not quite an albino.
  4. Hoyo12

Zebra or striped knife and blue moonlights?

Looks like Gymnotus carapo - moonlights could help, but they're usually hiding. Usually out and about during feeding time though.
  5. Hoyo12

What killed my shrimp

High nitrates will definitely do it - I still don't trust Damsels though, lol.
  6. Hoyo12

What killed my shrimp

What else is in the aquarium?
  7. Hoyo12

Damsel identification

Looks more like a Neopomacentrus sp. possibly Neopomacentrus nemurus?
  8. Hoyo12

Electric Blue Acara For Show

Just out of curiosity, where did you get them from? Very nice looking fish.
  9. Hoyo12

ICK ON MY GULPER

82F water, very low nitrates (0-20ppm), and time. If he's eating alright, and there's no extra reason for stress, he should overcome the problem on his own given the proper conditions.
  10. Hoyo12

ID these fish

Looks like a species of Snakehead (No experience with them, so I have no clue which species) and a Paradise Gourami.
  11. Hoyo12

300g Aggressive Community

Beautiful setup, the light really does bring out the colors in the fish. What are you using for lighting?
  12. Hoyo12

New shovelnose Lima

Nice pickup! Glad to hear it's from a Petco location - I do the fish ordering at our location. Always try for more of an exotic assortment than most locations; just isn't what Petco is known for.
  13. Hoyo12

Re-decorating

Very nice setup - always loved having Blood Parrots in a setup, plants look great too!
  14. Hoyo12

Show off your sexiest fish and Photography skills.

Love my Lions, this was a favorite for me.
  15. Hoyo12

Tiger Knife

Aquabid is a good source to browse through from time to time, otherwise check with a local fish store; used to manage one and they were available to us every now and again. Haven't seen many oddball Knives lately, but I don't remember the season for when they're most common on the market -...
  16. Hoyo12

Goblins

Have to get updated shots of the rest of the crew. Just got these two guys for now.
  17. Hoyo12

New gar tank what do you think?

Very nice setup! Great progress with the plant growth as well.
  18. Hoyo12

Tiger Knife

Depends on the species name - plenty of Knife fish out there are being labeled as "Tiger Knifefish". Gymnotus Coatesi and Gymnotus Carapo are two of the more common species that are mistaken for a Tiger. Pictures at all? Gymnotus Carapo I'd say no, just based on the aggression of mine, however...
  19. Hoyo12

What kind of knifefish

Gymnotus tigre, they're right with that one.
  20. Hoyo12

A couple of fish

Love the Triggers. Have anything in with the Blue Line?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store