Search results

1. S

I've got some cleanup to do tomorrow... (graphic image warning)

That usually happens when you heat the rats a bit too much while thawing them.
  2. S

Any types of glass that doesn't reflect? And Exo 12x12x18 ideas?

Be careful with the reflection free glasses. I think most are just coatings that work fine for picture frames but will wear off after continuous mistings. This might have changed though- it has been a few years since I looked into it.
  3. S

So Nat Geo Wild came to film some of my animals.

Well not exactly. It was a very talented film maker that was entering in a contest for a chance to win a spot on a Nat Geo Wild film crew. I think he should win. The Rattlesnakes, dart frog, and eyelash viper are from my collection. It is well worth the watch. He really is good...
  4. S

Elephant Trunk Snakes

I have had some experience with them. They are all WC imports and they will not live long if you don't treat them for parasites. Also $100 seems steep. I retail them for $40 each.
  5. S

Viperkeeper, foot in mouth?.

I have never been a fan of him. He is not exactly careful with his venomous collection. He has been bit several times by his snakes and he refuses to modify his actions to prevent it from happening again. He is also a very quirky guy in person.
  6. S

I need an ID

Thanks.
  7. S

I need an ID

All I know is that the previous owners called it a bumblebee. Could yall give me some more info? Thanks...
  8. S

Boa experience?

if you can provide the space for them (I would say no smaller than 6'x3' for an adult) then I think you will find red tailed boas more rewarding. If you cannot afford that much space, try looking into hogg island or dumerils boas. Both of those will stay much smaller than a red tail (though...
  9. S

A Guide to Keeping 'The Axolotl'

You could put your axolotl in a freaking blender and it would be fine in a month. I would not worry about it at all. Just make sure it doesn't keep happening.
  10. S

Mata mata turtle

+1 I forgot to mention that I kept my pH around 5.0.
  11. S

Mata mata turtle

Not many are captive bred- I have heard of 2 instances where babies were produced in captivity and not just laid from WC females but that is it (there might be more that I don't know about though). I had one for 5 years and he was healthy the whole time. The only reason I got rid of him was...
  12. S

reptile uvb200 for snapper?

It's not going to hurt your snapper but all you need is a 2.0 (zoomed) or 50 (exoterra). Snappers do not bask much and when they do it is usually in a fairly covered area so they do not need much UV. I have grown one up from hatching to 12" with no UV at all and it was fine. I think a much more...
  13. S

Crocodile skinks?

Keep them nice and wet. Feed them crickets and roaches dusted with vitamins, and do not touch them- they stress out like chameleons but freeze up and seem tame rather than petrified so most people love them to death. I had a customer walk into the shop with one on their shoulder and it was dead...
  14. S

Anyone into ball pythons ? Oh Lucy!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, why is it okay to feed a normal ball python that is healthy but not one with mutations that is healthy?
  15. S

Anyone into ball pythons ? Oh Lucy!!!!!!!

I know a snake that is very into ball pythons...
  16. S

Back to Belize

Here are a few more that were recently posted. This one should give some scale to the other photo of the fer de lance that I posted.
  17. S

Copperheads

It's not uncommon to find them like that together in the wild. I have found 4 of them under the same log in the panhandle of FL. It's a lot of fun to see like that. That enclosure looks horrible for those snakes though. I bet they do not like that gravel one bit and do they have a hide spot at...
  18. S

Identifying frog species

How big was the tadpole, that might help us narrow it down. I am leaning more towards Lithobates (Rana) heckscheri over it being a catesbeianus.
  19. S

Sand for vivarium drainage layer

I have used sand as a drainage layer for vivariums without a water feature. If you keep it really wet i do not think it would work but for a somewhat dry tank, it works great.
  20. S

stores are not carrying newts anymore?

The store I work in has several newts in right now. Peninsula newts, spainish ribbed newts and paddletail newts along with dwarf and greater sirens, axolotls, tiger salamanders, fire salamanders, and a big variety of frogs.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store