Search results

1. M

Good CO2 regulator?

Can any one recommend a good CO2 regulator/solenoid? At a reasonable price. On eBay I've seen them anywhere from $40-$100. I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I saw one with 2 outlets I like that. Any feed back would help Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. M

Sponge filter questions

I'm about to set up a breeder tank for my Angel fish. I'm going to use a sponge filter. How long should the sponge be running before it's safe to put in the fish? I've been running a HOB filter in the tank for about 2 weeks now. Second question is should I use a sponge for a larger tank or does...
  3. M

Help!! What do I do?

So I just noticed that 2 of my angels have laid Eggs? I think... The have been guarding them all day. I have no idea what to do. They are in a 125 gallon community tank with many other fish. The problem is they laid eggs on a large piece of wood. Can I safely remove them. To place them in a...
  4. M

Dealing fish a snail infestation

I've been dealing with a MTS infestation my self for about 3 year now. They are out of control. I have 3 clowns in the tank now they do pretty well. The more loaches the better chance you have of wiping them out. I also go through an pluck out snails every couple of days. An just the other day I...
  5. M

Holiday tank decorating

Lol My 2 year old does the same. She seems to love the taste of tropical fish flakes. Here a pic of our elf fishing. I just poked a hole in the fish food lid an stuck chop stick in. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  6. M

My Leopard Ctenopoma

When I bought him it did but he got dark with in the first month. I was just curious if anyone has a adult that is still lighter. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  7. M

My Leopard Ctenopoma

No not a Kingsleyae. It's the same as yours. You can see spots in sun light or when the light hits him just right. He's just always been darker. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  8. M

My Leopard Ctenopoma

Barely 3" when I got him. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  9. M

My Leopard Ctenopoma

I've had my ctenopoma for about 6 years he's about 6" now. My guys has been dark brown since he's been in my tank. I thought it was only because I have black sand an black background. Just curious was color substrate you guys are using? Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  10. M

Tight bottom dweller.

Zebra loaches Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. M

Holiday tank decorating

Last year we had our elf go fishing in our tank with a chop stick, some string, an plastic ornament. My little ones loved it! Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  12. M

What's a good clown loach alternative?

Zebra an yoyo are great together. I had a mix of about 25 of them in my old tank. Super active in the evening an during feeding time. The only thing is the zebras don't get very big the largest one I had was barely 3.5" Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  13. M

Leopard Ctenopoma

The down fall to having a black background an black substrate is my Ctenopoma looses almost all its color an is just a dark brown color. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  14. M

Gourami species only tank

I think you need several females in the mix. I've heard that the males will fight much more. Also they need the females to show off for that's when they show their full colors. Females are usually harder to find but if you're gonna dedicate a whole tank to gouramis you should add some females also
  15. M

Ropefish(Reedfish) Group vs Single

I would go with at least 3. I use to keep ropes an they would always pile up on eachother an hung out together. I have also kept just one my tank. It also did really well an was active all the time. If you have the room the more the merrier. It sounds like you're sealing your tank. Over the last...
  16. M

Gold nugget or starlight bn pleco

I've had a L18 gold nugget for a couple of years now an it does a great job clean algae off the tank, wood an rocks. Never thought he did anything like that cause I hardly ever saw him on the side of the tank. Until I move him from my 55 to 125 gallon. Couple weeks after I moved him the 55 was...
  17. M

Dwarf Gourami

Here's an example
  18. M

Dwarf Gourami

I believe females are very bland in color almost silver
  19. M

Over 10yr keeping fish, never seen these white 'dots' before.

Hope they're not small MTS. That can be a pain in the butt. Have you added anything else new like plants, wood, rocks?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store