Search results

1. K

New from Massachusetts

Hey Hayley, I'll be moving out to MA in a few months. I visited for a couple weeks, but couldn't find any pet stores except Petco and Petsmart, and I don't ever plan on buying fish from there. Do you know any good places??
  2. K

My 10g low tech planted tank

What kind of sand are you using?
  3. K

fireworms in a nano aquarium

Fire worms or bristle worms whichever you have, arent bad. They are good detrivores, but if you want them out get an arrow crab or pick them out with tongs.
  4. K

what do i feed small spiny eels?

45-934 Kamehameha Highway Kaneohe, HI 96744 Phone: (808) 247-7297 Pets Discount. Call them and ask if they have frozen blood worms or krill. If not theres always Kalihi Pet center (808)841-5234 They have a fridge off to the side with some frozen food, but Kalihi is kinda far away. Try buying...
  5. K

RED DEVILS & MIDAS PHOTO AND INFO THREAD

Does anyone know of any Red Devil x other cichlid hybrids? like a Rd x dovii.... Anything else?
  6. K

She wont stop laying eggs Dx Too much eggsssss!!!! Soooo much water changesssss!!!! :nilly:
  7. K

Only her. No fry. A few days ago was her first time laying eggs. I don't think i'll mate her until I find the perfect male. I heard that RDs mate for life...? If so Im keeping her alone till mister perfect comes along.
  8. K

red devils or not?

Looks like a Red Devil =]
  9. K

8" Female Red devil. Newer ones with eggs 55g. Older pic 29g. And a vid =] <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-7ayakWJ1c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"...
  10. K

Red devil eggs!!

I actually don't think I will mate her... 50+ fry every month. I don't have enough tanks for all the fry to grow up in. Theres not much people in Hawai'i looking for an aggressive fish that will grow 12" And I would hate to see them in a 10g or something of that sort.
  11. K

Red devil eggs!!

I've been really busy last week and wasnt able to do a water change on my 9" female Red devil tank. My mom doesnt like having the tank light on and the tank is kinda by a window so its dim. Well today I decided to finally clean my tank... water change and gravel vac (I have 1 tank near a window...
  12. K

Please ID this cichlid!!!

Please ID this cichlid. I've seen them in walmart for over 3 months now, and always wondered what species it was. They were around 3 1/2" long and a tan, very light brown color (NOT orange as the picture shows) Could this be a Neolamprologus brichardi ? Thank you.
  13. K

Please ID this cichlid!!!

Please ID this cichlid. I've seen them in walmart for over 3 months now, and always wondered what species it was. They were around 3 1/2" long and a tan, very light brown color (not orange as the picture shows) Could this be a Neolamprologus brichardi ? Thank you.
  14. K

What was your favorite fish, that you have kept?

I would have to say the first cichlid I've ever owned. My 8" female red devil, Lilith. =] Red devils are suppose to be aggressive and mean, but she is the sweetest thing ever. I can feed her by hand, doesnt attack when I clean her tank, but does play back when I wave my hand in front of the...
  15. K

Post Pics Of Your Driftwood :D

Nice. I should get some pics up.
  16. K

Ghost shrimp turning red and dying.

Alive, my shrimp are a clear-ish color. Half my shrimp are clear with brown markings along their body, and the other half is a grey-ish clear. I'll try to get some pictures up. I don't think they're Ghost shrimp. . .
  17. K

Ghost shrimp turning red and dying.

I have a 10 gallon tank (houses 1 male betta and plants) that I have been running for about 2 months now. I had added a few Ghost shrimp and (1) 3" crayfish 1 month ago. The aquarium has a 1" layer of sand, a few medium sized rocks, and plants. My betta would follow the shrimp every once in...
  18. K

bio media for pond

Which is better foam or plastic bio balls?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store