Search results

1. guapote's gape

First day of "fishing" in Florida

no we did not bring back and geo's! or for that matter any siberian tigers, albatross or beluga whales in case youre wondering. Some have enquired as to what type of bait weve been using, well we saw an sign down the road from the farem that said 'free kittens to good homes' so we thought hey...
  2. guapote's gape

when the fire ants bite its definetly unexpected.....and painfull but really funny when it's someone else. lol
  3. guapote's gape

zonatum are all spoken for. we caught another male thats easily twice the size of the one pictured but light was fading so pictures tommorow. for the zonatums we caught a pair and the extra monster male
  4. guapote's gape

the monsters were a blast to catch on hook and line.
  5. guapote's gape

just a heads up: none of these fish were caught in the 'wild'. We've easily caught over 300 dovii in the past two days. Ranging in size from 6" to many monsters pushing over 2 feet. an absolute massive zonatum male as well as lots of stunning others. we took about 500 pictures today so lots more...
  6. guapote's gape

all the dovii will be available for shipping. send Big pic of myself a pm and we'll see about hooking you up
  7. guapote's gape

Some of my wild caught again!

Beautiful as always Dan!
  8. guapote's gape

PLEASE HELP!!!!! HAVE ANYONE HEARD OF AN AFRICAN MOZAMBIQUE CICHLID!!!!

They used to be very very common in the trade but with all Tilapines being outlawed in Florida and perhaps other southern States their availabilty has almost dissapeared.
  9. guapote's gape

Gymnogeophagus Labiatus Rio Olmar

looking great! Rio Olimar is correct spelling of the river
  10. guapote's gape

Largest dovii in private aquaria?

thats mearly a fry compared to some of the monsters lurking in the depths of the ditches in Florida. We are gonna havean amzing time in April catching them. I was speaking with my friend down there and some monsters are pushing over 3 feet! Theyve pretty much cleared out every other species in...
  11. guapote's gape

What do you HATE that everybody else seems to LOVE in the hobby?

people/ stores purchasing fish knowing full well down the road they will not be able to house properly. Does everything in North America have to be disposible? that and those stupid "infared" aquarium nets! Cause the fish definetly won't sense the movement of the RED net. what Maroons!
  12. guapote's gape

New Genera for an old Aquarium Standard as well as two distinct species

We don't have to like it or even understand it but regardless they're gonna keep on doing it. I like the idea of giving them proper names i.e: this blue fish we shall call ....TIM and forever he shall be known as Tim! Think it will catch on?
  13. guapote's gape

"sp. 'silbersuam' as Andinoacara stalbergi" this part is actually correct in this new paper, silbersaum translated means silver seam. and this is the new species being called stalsbergi. The gold seam one that been around for ever i.e: rivulatus just switches over to the new genera. Taxonomy...
  14. guapote's gape

A couple shots of my Argentea

Nice and Chunky! Very Nice
  15. guapote's gape

The Goldseam Cichlid from Peru and the Green Terror from Ecuador have both been hobby favorites for many years. However it has been unclear for along time as to their systematical placement within the phylogeny of the family Cichlidae. At the begining they were regarded as the same species but...
  16. guapote's gape

Amazing Gift

maybe on saturday if my "friend" comes through with my "other" loaner camera. haven't seen my photographer in awhile. lol
  17. guapote's gape

How many Tanks Do You Have Running...?

I have about 3000 gallons of water total, biggest tank being a 750 gallon, several 180's,, 250's, 3 25's that I hate, hatchery has a few 45s for fry rearing. Everything other than the hatchery is fully automated for water changes. When I'm travelling, which is alot my brother stops by every...
  18. guapote's gape

Amazing Gift

A very good friend of mine, Kris 'Thailand' Taylor brought me the most amazing gift back from Thailand. The sculpture is about 2 feet high with amazing detail all hand carved out of a single piece of wood. The first picture is Myself and Kris 'Thailand' Taylor (on the right)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store