Search results

1. F

Adequate flow rate for biofiltration

Got the 600going to both tanks and it looks like I'm getting a pretty good flow to each. Like 200gph. I'm happy with that. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. F

I might try to use the 600gph and have it go to both tanks and see what flow rate I get. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  3. F

Bump Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  4. F

So I picked up two pumps; a 300 and a 600 gph. I have a 55 gallon growout and I'm hooking it up to my wet/dry on my 150 gallon. The filter is pretty far away and with the 300 gph pump I'm probably pulling 100gph. With the 600 gph pump I have to use a ball valve to control it so it doesn't drain...
  5. F

Best fish

If I was limited to a 30 gallon, I would go with a modestly stocked African Cichlid tank. I know the recommended size tanks for African cichlids is 50+ but if you know what you're doing (good filtration, water changes, decor) there's no reason why they wouldn't thrive in a 30 gallon.
  6. F

Taste of The Wild Salmon Dog food as fish food

I appreciate it honestly, I just got a little ticked off about the joke about potatoes from another member, but I was being nitpicky. Very insightful definitely don't want anything to happen to my lionfish but want to get him off live as soon as possible because they say most live feeders are...
  7. F

You're right actually, I bought some bigger pellets that look similar to the dog food and he ate a couple.
  8. F

Not to hate on your post, as I understand what you're saying and honestly you are probably correct, but even fish foods contain plenty of ingredients that fish would never consume. I feed hikari cichlid gold and here are the ingredients: Fish meal, flaked corn, wheat flour, gluten meal...
  9. F

Good input guys, I'm on the same page.
  10. F

Hey Guys, So I've been buying Salmon taste of the wild dog food for my bulldog and started looking at the ingredients. Salmon is the main ingredient and it's grain free. To me the ingredients seemed better than most fish foods. I threw some in the tank and my lion fish actually ate a few, which...
  11. F

Best T-8 bulb for 48 inch shop light diy lighting

I don't know, I'm not looking to grow anything, just want the tank to look good. Upgrade my little 24inch flourescents, they look tacky sitting on the tank.
  12. F

Best T-8 bulb for 48 inch shop light diy lighting

Hey Guys, I'm going to be settign up a shoplight on my salt aquarium, right now I have two plug in 24 inch under cabinet fluorescents. my Question is what is a good, or the best, t8 for aquarium purposes. I don't need anything super special cause I dont have coral, just want to bring out the...
  13. F

Saltwater tank problem, possible marine ich

Can chemi pure be recharged, like purigen. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  14. F

Ok, I have been slacking on water changes lately since I started my new job, I think I need to be more conscientious.
  15. F

Trouble getting my baby Peacock Bass to eat non living food??? help!

At that size it has always been a real pain for me to get my guys off live food. I use shrimp to get them off live, get 12oz bag from walmart for $5, thaw as needed. What I did was when I fed live feeders I put them in a cup with water and poured it into the tank. This would make my pbass react...
  16. F

Btw it is a 100 gallon
  17. F

I don't think the sgt major is much of a factor. I do not quarantine my fish, I dont really have the means to at the moment. Would giving them a dip be a good precautionary measure, I always worry this will stress them out further and ultimately lead to their demise. I didnt have any test strips...
  18. F

So I collect my own fish and have a healthy sgt major damsel. Two grunts and two checkered puffers. I have tried adding some more fish. Damsels. Angelfish. All different guys which appear to be doing great for a month and then one day one dies and all the other new ones die but my nucleus five...
  19. F

Bored with tank

I bought a breeding pair to respark some interest, grew out jack dempseys and got a breeding pair, but I ended up running out of ideas with what to do wtih the babies. But it was cool cause the babies were great wetpets and would eat out of my hand, I could actually just grab them out of the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store