Search results

1. J

HELP!!! Stingray is stuck in a skull on bottom of the tank!!!

maybe you all ran him off by telling him off instead of trying to help... just sayin
  2. J

Stingray spasm

probably nothing to worry about
  3. J

Breeding Batmans

Evidence being? Aren't females who have one prone to have more?
  4. J

ray picky eater for the moment

I've noticed mine may not eat well a few days before/during a growth spurt if its only been a few days I'd wait and see what happens. Then maybe treat if things don't look up. Think we all worry about everything but jumping straight to meds isn't always the best solution. Just my .02
  5. J

what's everyone's water chemistry

RO/DI 30% water change twice weekly NO3- 0 - 5 ppm NO2- 0 ppm NH3 (Ammonia or NH4OH whichever you prefer)- 0 ppm pH- 5.8 - 6.2 temp- 76 - 80
  6. J

~!~ Any Fish Safe Paints? ~!~

I'd also wait a few days just to be safe
  7. J

FireMedic's hydroponics idea - success fail stories

You can get iron nails you just have to look hard (roofing nails mostly). I use iron wire (ordered from Fischer scientific) in my sponge filter so the water goes across it. The rays don't ever seemed to have noticed. The swords are healthy this way. Lots of times you'll get large potted...
  8. J

Rescued Motoro, help!?

I would also skip sand for now easier to see besides you can always add sand later. Blackworms are a good food if he won't eat but I wouldn't feed them as an only food or a builder food. Heres a link to builder foods ( I wouldn't bother with the last few pages they're pointless arguing mostly)...
  9. J

Is it ok to put an 8" Motoro with a 4" Brazilian ray

Just make sure the smaller one is getting to eat.
  10. J

I get them from sweet aquatics, I'm lucky enough to have this guy close at hand until June. Like all swords they use a lot of iron so you'll need to stick a small iron nail or wire in the styro foam right where it meets the water. I'd say your guess about it being a bog plant is probably right.
  11. J

Male motoro or teacup growth rates- Please post your personal experience

Actually yes, it is quite possible not cheap but possible.
  12. J

My rays are not losing weight if anything they're gaining it. I'd post pictures but I doubt it'd shut you up.
  13. J

what I meant by 100% was 100x my apologies for the confusion
  14. J

Pool Filter Sand & Stingrays

Local pool supply stores probably have plenty in stock right now.
  15. J

I agree. Marble swords are another good one. Stick the roots in the water and let them go. They require very little light, and they get BIG. Naturally they are a pond plant which likes shade. They look cool too unless you grow them submerged then they're just another green sword.
  16. J

Healthy rays are always hungry as anyone will tell you. If they're not hungry and they're aren't special circumstances (shipping, etc) then theres something wrong. So what if I don't conform to the same methods of fish keeping as the majority of you? It works for me so forget the rest of you...
  17. J

I didn't say I didn't have enough filtration. I actually have 100% turnover tank volume per hour. I know lots of people who don't feed everyday. Doesn't make me a bad person because I don't feed everyday. My rays are far from starving so get off your high horse and back off. Apparently I...
  18. J

Depends on how much you feed and what you feed. For instance my rays are healthy and I feed blackworms, beefheart, krill, (and soon to be DIY food), market shrimp, taliapia, and ghost shrimp on a rotating schedule every other day and not usually at all on the weekends (Sat, Sun). For instance I...
  19. J

Snails

I also have snails come in on plants. The rays snack on them whenever they like, never seen one attached to a ray but they don't usually last long and they never get very big so that could be part of it.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store