Search results

1. T

My Red Discus - Before & After Carophyll Pink

Hi RD, Nice Stendker's FireRed! I've never said you can't have nice discus with pellet food. It's all personal preference, I like these (no special lighting or real camera required) TonyN I'll would use pellet and natural stuff if it can get my fish this color
  2. T

Carophyll Pink & Carophyll Yellow - Euless, TX - Shipping

We are having a holidays sale 20% OFF when use code "HLDAY" at check out. Offer Expire 1/1/2010 Thanks Tony Nguyen
  3. T

mshill90, I respect your point of view, I'm not trying hard to push CP with this thread at all, I'm simply responding to RD and others' posts/comments. I'm OK with letting this thread end here. "Why do you need to sell this crap, when you can buy the real deal?" As I've stated before, the...
  4. T

Cookie * 420, Again, I've no data to support that it's absolutely safe, and that it would not have any long term effects. However, 20 years of use in salmon farming, shrimp industry, and ~10 years of used in the tropical fishes industry (at the inclusion rate that I'm recommending) and no...
  5. T

Maybe I've used the wrong word "extracts". However, in DSM's brochure, it's mentioned plant-based more than once. http://www.dsm.com/en_US/downloads/dnp/51640_aqua.pdf What plant materials? My guess is only DSM would knows. Tony
  6. T

In regards to you mentioned of Andrew Soh quoted in his book about CP retarding growth. Here's a link I've found, that say otherwise. I don't know if you considered this accredited non-biased 3rd party study or not. I've Understood, that the rate on inclusion is difference and the test objects...
  7. T

Hi RD, Although, I've only only limited experience with CP, a few months, does not mean that it's only been used in the tropical fish industry for a few months. This stuff have been used for many years in SE Asia where many may have done their own private sturdy, just like what I'm doing now...
  8. T

Thank you, for pointing out the error. I'll change it on my website. the dosage that I'm recommending on my website is what have worked, and so far have shown to be safe, for most of the breeders I've conversed with. They only supplementing with this dosage for a period of 5 - 10 days...
  9. T

Hi RD, I'm too appreciate that we are keeping this discussion civil, after all, for many of us here in NA, it's only a hobby. Our livelihood do not depend on selling tropical fishes. I'm not condoning the deception practices of many SE Asian breeders/importers, especially with the use of...
  10. T

Hi RD, I'm not objecting you offering the "other side of the coin" and I'm taken no offense by it. In fact, I very much welcome it, As CP and it's application in tropical fishes industry have been in the dark for so long. People who've used it are not willing to talk about it. Most who talked...
  11. T

Hi RD, The "welcome" is expected. I'm just offering hobbyists a choice. Tony
  12. T

Hi mshill90, Yes, you are right, I couldn't afford much. This is just a hobby for me, the health and wellbeing of family come first. I've raised these discus from juvie, they turned out, good or bad, is due to the time and dedication (or lack off) i've put into them. This thread is not...
  13. T

Thank you RD. Again I respect your opinions. I maybe new to MFK, but I've been raising discus for a long time (started in the '80), I would love to buy discus with good genetics, however, I've bought the best that I could afford. I'm just offering other hobbyists a choice. If others are...
  14. T

just wanted to point out that Carophyll Pink is not canthaxanthin, it's Astaxanthin, Canthaxanthin, which were found to cause retina damage in human, are no longer use in farmed salmon industry, it's primary usage now is in chicken feed (along with Carophyll Yellow) to color egg yolk...
  15. T

Hi Chicklette, It's a color enhancing food supplement, it's nature equivalent form of Astaxanthin. "Most aquatic animal cannot synthesize Astaxanthin, thus it must be supplemented through food. In their natural habitat, carotenoids sources are plentiful, from plants and micro algae...
  16. T

Carophyll Pink & Carophyll Yellow - Euless, TX - Shipping

Hi All, I've Carophyll Pink (CP) and Carophyll Yellow (CY) for sale at my new website www.vividtropicals.com and through facebook Vivid Tropicals CP & CY are safe and effective color enhancer used by many fish farms and breeders in South East Asia to ehance the color of tropical fishes, birds...
  17. T

Hi All, Just wanted to share some before and after, Carophyll Pink, photos of my discus. Regards Tony Nguyen Manderine Passion 1 (this one turned out the best) Before After ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manderine Passion 2 (this...
  18. T

how big do Discus get?

Hi Hillbilly, thanks for the great information. Since your on well water and it's soft do you re-constitute it in any way? The reason, I've asked is from what I've been reading which lead me to believed that water hardness has lot to do with growing discus big. Thanks Tony
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store