Search results

1. duster1971

Questions

my peacock cichlids didnt tend to swim around in the current of a powerhead. as far as breaking the surface of the water thats always a good idea imho as it helps in the exchange of gasses.
  2. duster1971

Show your Cats.Big or small.

Heres mine they are gettin bigger around 2' each now. Albino channelcat and marbled pim.
  3. duster1971

iowa

Fast approching. TTT
  4. duster1971

How aggressive are Midas in a large tank: over 300 gallons

I had 4 midas at one point in time only one was a jerk and as he grew he settled down. And this wasnt in a big tank. Many amps do well with other amps mine did well with a mix of fish jags oscars dovii catfish. Only time it botherd otger fish was if they botherd it. That being said i have seen...
  5. duster1971

trimac or festae?

Its realt a toss up for me. Either one is a truly awsome fish in there own way. If you decide festae make surebits a true festae and not a mayan altho mayans are also nice. Trimac make sure its a true trimac and not a lesser grade flowerhorn being passed off as a trimac. But imho any amp is a...
  6. duster1971

Is this an Albino?

I wuld say possible gene morph of some kind. my one question is does it gain any color after lights out if so try seperating it and seeing if it regains any color it culd be a nerviouse fish. I have some in my tanks that have the attatude of a monster with lights on when other fish invade there...
  7. duster1971

iowa

Hey fellow mfkers check this out http://www.iowaaquatichobbyist.com/iowa-aquatic-hobbyist-salute-to-the-hobbyist-2011-t709.html Open to all!!
  8. duster1971

MFK Ink?

Newest one.
  9. duster1971

back in the piranha game!

Sounds like a plan man don't have to leave it half full tho just the cooler water shuld do it.
  10. duster1971

Good point about background color bruner. I got mine painted black some drift wood sand and plants.
  11. duster1971

Mine are black a lot of the time. They shuld turn jetblack when spawning triggers are met.
  12. duster1971

Worth a change?

Realy say 3-4" maxd out. So mabe you got small hands lmao.
  13. duster1971

Worth a change?

So what your saying brunner is qt and treat some decent sized gold fish for the juvies to munch on scales. And try and get em on somethin else. Wondering if one culd buy market fish fillets with the skin and scales on and feed them the scales and skin.
  14. duster1971

Worth a change?

I'm unsure on feeding I know they are scale munchers but wuld think they culd feed on other foods. I may lookinto it as I wuld like a group for my planted tank aswell and they stay small and shoal well.
  15. duster1971

Lmao there ya go. I am keeping my rbp over playsand same as you they turn jet black at times. Just remember hidding spots are always welcome.
  16. duster1971

First off welcom back to piranhas jdm and nice rbp congrats on the kid. I wuld say that big one is 100% female other 2 male.
  17. duster1971

Found this picture of a 10 gallon on facebook

Gotta agree with bruner. Not right to bash somebody that's not here to defend them selves. And who knows this culd be some kid learning along the way. It wuld have been way more benifisial to pehaps talk to whom ever owns this tank and advise them on prroper keeping. Not to drag them thru the mud.
  18. duster1971

I just evaded certain pain..

She just wants a hug lmao.
  19. duster1971

5 Gallon Stock?

Shrimp is what I stocked mine with couple plants mostly moss and a few java ferns. O and a fluval flora is 7.9 gallon fluval edge is 6
  20. duster1971

warning!!! mfk gun people must unite

Well let's see msbrg mdl 88 12 gage cva 50c@al blackpowder msbrg 22. Is what I own wish I had m/ore just not in the budget as of now.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store