Search results

1. T

Hystrix Créche

They look great richard. Soon you have to send me some of those kiddis, i sold my couple due to "divorce" and taking down all of my aquariums:\ Now im in a new house and accidently there might pop up a new tank ;)
  2. T

Yet another stingray ID request!

I also found an old link from the once i had, Norwegian page, but pictures dont speak :) http://akvaforum.no/forum.cfm?thread_id=62166&msr=121
  3. T

from peru btw.
  4. T

Its what they name potamotrygon sp yepezi. No doubt about it, have had a few of them. They get H_U_G_E!:D its an sp cus its not a real yepezi but still nothing else.
  5. T

Motoro size, 30 inches? really?

So this is a pretty common question when it comes to ray keeping, the size of the rays! When i say motoro, i also mean leopoldi and other similar rays. Over the last years i have had some different motoro rays, they were all kept in pretty large tanks, 600 gallon at first and then 1200. When i...
  6. T

Tell me what ya'll think about those Rays..

If the price is right i wouldnt have any doubts..:)
  7. T

Snail problem

If there is waste, they probably ate something that would have rotten in there anyways. I dont see any disadvantage in snails. I use malaysia sand snales. i use them for eating the food that gets in the filter, better then rotting.
  8. T

Metal monster 3k

Love it! :)
  9. T

diy plywood aquarium

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?287989-Glass-Acrylic-Thickness-Calculations
  10. T

tank

The thank is good for retics. About hight, there is no limit at all for the hight, but if you build a tank, and can make it custom, floor space is better then hight. My tank is 100 meter high, i se no problem with that. its not like amazonas is 50cm deep.
  11. T

Geophagus with rays

Ive had geo altifrons with my rays since day 1, never lost any of them to the rays. But they were decent size when added, and now they are beast`s.. I didnt even think geos got as big as mine are. 2hand fish. I did add 4 smaller once later tho, and lost one of those to the rays i belive. Atleast...
  12. T

My 2500 gallon concrete mega tank project

Perfect all the way through! You must be verry satisfied with the layout and the looks of these two beautifull setups!
  13. T

Full to bursting!!

Very funn richard! Hope she brings you healthy pups! She looks good, aaand full!;)
  14. T

Just Pounding sand....

Atleast we dont have to worry about buildups in the sand :D
  15. T

Let's see those hystrix!

Your female is stunning prox, what a beauty! I havent measured mine, but im guessing 25 accross for the female and around 20 for the male, maybe even bigger. Its hard to tell in a huge tank where every fish has exceded their limits :p
  16. T

Ratio of small and large rays in same tank

Same as tika, huge sp peru with small hystrix. The hystrix actually seems dominant in my tank, the small bastards rule the tank.
  17. T

New Ray Issues "in the uk"....HELP PLEASE!!! Really Stuck for what to do!

Seems pointless to me with meds. These kinds of worms dont go into fish? Clean water and lower the feeding for a while seems like the route i would go. Vacum all the sand, 50% waterchange 2-3 times a week for a period and good filtercleanout followed by less food.
  18. T

Let's see those hystrix!

Time to post mine, took a while :D Not the best pictures in the world, but i am very happy about this couple! Fast growers!
  19. T

Let's see those hystrix!

Its about time to get her going prox ;) stunning hystrix everybody! Il take some pothos later on:)
  20. T

Hystrix Growth Rate

I bought mine 2 years and 3 months back, they were very small at the time so i dont think they were more then months old. Now the male has had rolled claspers for 6 months, and the female seems to be not far from fully grown. The female seemed to climb the ladder when she were put in the big...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store