Search results

1. J

L204 Flash Pleco

Very nice! I used to have a bunch of those. A lot of personality and spunk.
  2. J

Rattlesnakes?

Very cool! But.......I have a question: HOW IN THE HELL TO YOU ALL SLEEP AT NIGHT WITH THOSE IN THE HOUSE??????????? I have been on the receiving end of several near misses from wild Eastern Diamondbacks and Timber Rattlers in the Shenandoah valley and a couple of Copperheads in Potomac Md...
  3. J

Alligator Snapper

Think bigger! lol carapace length closer to 8"or 9"
  4. J

Alligator Snapper

What is the going rate for one of these that just barely fits in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket?
  5. J

Just Got Tagged!

Let"s see..... there was a skink that left a nice little scar on my thumb, the 34" 12lb(weighed after being on the floor all night:cry:) silver arowana that engulfed my hand like a freakin' mailbox(that left interesting, big U shaped bloody tracks on the top and bottom off my hand.....still...
  6. J

Male or female L240

ummm.......pic?
  7. J

how much should i pay for a true green phantom 5 inchs?

$75 seems a little steep to me, but I've been out of the loop for a few years. I used to sell them that size for about $45-$50 three or four years ago.
  8. J

are plecos aggressive?

Most Pleco are certainly capable of defending themselves when threatened, but rarely do you come across a truly aggressive one. It does happen occasionally though. I have seen very well fed plecos chase down and pin goldfish to get at their slime coat. I have also witnessed a common pleco...
  9. J

Multiple Snappers?

Ok, cool. Pretty much what I figured but, it doesn't hurt to ask advice! I'll to put up a couple pics of Bowser (think Mario Bros lol) later today.
  10. J

confirm ID of my new pleco

Juvi. ancistrus no doubt.
  11. J

Multiple Snappers?

Nobody throw any stones at me for this question! OK? Is it POSSIBLE to keep more than one snapper in a tank? Specifically a baby Gator Snapper and a like sized Common Snapper. I have the baby gator in a 20 long and would like to bring home the common BUT, I would like to avoid setting up...
  12. J

new pleco

Looks like "clown pleco"? if so, fairly sturdy little guys that will eat anything from algae, to fruits & veggies and meaty foods(bloodworms, brine shrimp etc...). tend to be secretive( not too many plecos that aren't right? lol). Have fun!!
  13. J

Id

Synodontis eupterus. Generally pretty laid back but I have seen them get feisty on occasion.
  14. J

O. niger eating small cichlids?

I agree. The only thing my two 8" ripsaws will eat is pellets and the occasional earthworm. They will go after dead fish though, so they probably just cleaned up the crime scene.
  15. J

what is the name of this catfish

nice pick up! I have one about 8", lots of fun. Mine is just as active and crazy as their little spotted cousins.
  16. J

Help ID this catfish

I wouldn't suggest waiting 'till they are a little bigger. Like HPIZZLE said they are VERY aggressive and will have no trouble tearing apart fish much bigger than themselves. That hybrid will be in danger once those two get fully comfortable in the tank. Do some searching through old posts...
  17. J

Do corys eat Mysis shrimp?

corys tend to eat just about anything that falls to the bottom and will fit in their mouths, so sure..... you could say that they typically eat mysis lol. All my corys in the past (sterbais included) had no problems eating mysis.
  18. J

what species of salamander is this?

usually called Oregon Newts in the trade.
  19. J

Snake ID?

cool. Thanks everyone.
  20. J

Snake ID?

is that color common for this area? I spend a lot of time in the woods and fields around here and can assure you that the few Hog Nose that I've seen were never that bright.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store