Search results

1. Kaliedoscope

Arowana holding mouth open

I have a silver arowana, 18"+/-. Two days ago the arowana and an oscar both jumped for the same piece of food and banged their heads together. Ever since, the arowana has been holding its mouth open. Immediately after the collision, the arowana was also stretching its mouth or yawning. Has...
  2. Kaliedoscope

High quality?

Very nice pearl!
  3. Kaliedoscope

How likely is a carpintis female without a dorsal spot?

From what I've seen in mine, dorsal spots are mostly used for signaling a readiness to breed to male carpintis. There are several possibilities here, in my estimation. 1. The signalling isn't being used because the dovii isn't a similar species. 2. The dovii is the female (I'm not very familiar...
  4. Kaliedoscope

Umbee for culls?

Would an umbee be an appropriate predator for culling small hericthys? I used to have a clown knife who did this well, but since his passing I need a replacement.
  5. Kaliedoscope

Koi Parrot, will it stay that way?

Anyone have experience with Koi parrots? Got this guy in a batch of standard parrots presumably imported from China. This one was white until about a week ago when I noticed it had the "koi" piebald color. All the other parrots (who were white or yellowish white) have returned to their normal...
  6. Kaliedoscope

Starting hybrid project over

Ah okay sorry about that. I was too quick to jump onto the obligatory speech to the weird science hybrid breeders. Wish I could delete my post but since I can't, sorry I misunderstood.
  7. Kaliedoscope

Starting hybrid project over

I agree, I'm not trying to be a hater here as I breed hybrids myself, but you've said some things that raise red flags. Crossing fish at random without a goal in mind is irresponsible, particularly when you don't plan to keep them yourself. It is your responsibility to dispose of them if you...
  8. Kaliedoscope

Odd ball hybrids

I have no doubt that those are F1 red Texas, either gt x bp or gt x midevil. If there were no different body types in the fry then I would assume the latter. Most F1 fry don't have pearls. There are some nice ones in there though. I would find a keeper and feed the rest to something, as if they...
  9. Kaliedoscope

What kind of predator for a 7" tank?

I'm in the market for a large predator, but need opinions on what to get. The purpose of this fish will be to cull, and ideally it would be able to quickly eat a 4-5" CA cichlid when full grown. I am moving in a 230ish gallon tank for this fish, 7'x2' footprint by 3' tall. The obvious choice...
  10. Kaliedoscope

Short Body Gt (Eds Breed)

SBGT From Eds breed (izzy here) Continued on another 2 generations adding hondo (+worm pearl) These have proven themselves to be the healthiest and most perfect sb breed I have ever encountered. God bless you Edwyn, you are a genius.
  11. Kaliedoscope

Parrot lineage

Parrot lineage is male syn x female Midas, or male syn type x female amph type (high % blood). By skkp I assume you mean "mammon". The fade gene they carry is incredible, at least 7-10x as potent as regular parrots. However, as they are essentially a different species, the yield of viable, good...
  12. Kaliedoscope

What type of Flowerhorn are these?

Nice kamfa in the first pic :)
  13. Kaliedoscope

Blood Parrot types

I called a major US distributor, in regards to an order I was making for the store where I worked. Their list included blood red parrot "aka purple" and regular parrots, which were orange. Before I ordered, I called to ask whether or not the difference was dye. He said "I can guarantee you they...
  14. Kaliedoscope

Help with an ID please?

Kammalau. It is considered from the ZZ class, but carries more pearl. The pearl is excellent.
  15. Kaliedoscope

Super red Texas!?

Nice pearly fader (fh). Back in the day it would be a pearly Jin Kang because of the 2 tone color (indicating red dragon colors before the fade), but these days they just call them golden base. It could have some rt heritage, or it could just be a fader from a line of pearly red dragons.
  16. Kaliedoscope

do you add salt to your FH tank? if so how much and any cheap places to get it?

Adding salt is no longer generally accepted to have any health benefits. 20 years ago, the general consensus was that some salt had positive health effects for most freshwater fish. However, at the same time, it was also generally accepted that the fewer water changes you could do, the better...
  17. Kaliedoscope

check Aries out!!! be honest!! lol

The colors across the head are amazing. Do they fully connect?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store