Search results

1. water_baby83

Free Saltwater in San Diego?

Just keep in mind, that natural sea-water, while yes it has it's benefits, is also a game of russian-roulette without the proper filtering and UV sterilization. You never know what's in the water that you can't see. Could be amazing, could be leathal. Just be cautious and smart when using it in...
  2. water_baby83

temp problem

Ok for those who aren't made of money and can't just up and buy a nice chiller to save your tanks from becoming boiling pots. Here are a few remedies for your average fishkeeper who isn't "too proud" .. 1. Cut your lighting cycle to only 4-6 hours and if you're going to be gone at work/school...
  3. water_baby83

Ordering online

A few good one's I've ordered from are: www.Liveaquaria.com www.saltwaterfish.com www.Marinedepot.com
  4. water_baby83

HELP CLOWNFISH DYING

Ok I'm not even going to go into detail on everything that place instructed you to do - "that's effing retarded" is going to be my official response. I can sympathize with the fact that you're now worried about the clown and feel bad because you were trusting the word of someone else who's...
  5. water_baby83

Better to start with corals or fish?

Ok, so you're just starting out then? Then don't go for even fish right now, you need to educate yourself on the cycling of saltwater tanks first so you can make sure that setting up your tank and getting it running, and on it's way to maturation is smooth and insightful - not an expensive and...
  6. water_baby83

Better to start with corals or fish?

Have you cycled the tank yet, or are you just setting it up now? If it's already cycled, I'm assuming you might already have the live rock in there. If so, I'd suggest adding a couple reef-safe fish to the equation, just one or two, and some cleaner crews. You'll want to wait then for the system...
  7. water_baby83

New Driftwood

Also I was wondering, is your background a fabricated rockwork insert or a flat image background? I can't tell from my phone but either way it looks really good from what I can see. Hoping its a fab because those are always nice to see in tanks.
  8. water_baby83

New Driftwood

Hey there. First, I'm replying from my phone, so I won't be able to comment as extensively as I might have otherwise (Pc in the hospital lol). That said, I only have a 3 inch screen in which I'm viewing the pix too. However, from what I can see, your tank looks like it is off to a great start...
  9. water_baby83

Ich on a shark?

I"m willing to bet you have parasitic copepods bothering your Elasmo, and not marine "Ich". Pic? Animal species? Tankmates? Live sand?
  10. water_baby83

Ever lose your inverts to LR piles?- small update

I've experienced the same. However, on the not so happy-ending side, I recently got some new Jakarta, and three weeks in, I'm moving it around, turning the rock, lifting it (lettin out any air pockets, removing detritus, etc) and I see a crab claw on the sand... just the claw. At first I was...
  11. water_baby83

Best Rap EVER "Nu Thang"

:ROFL::ROFL:Ok I seriously just peed a little- That was the funniest ish I've seen in a while!! That little boy was so cute, but sooo awkward. Still have to close it, BUT - :ROFL:
  12. water_baby83

Sharks At Home: PROFILE DATABASE

lol I know. But I haven't forgotten! Just full time work, full time school, full time two little ones and full time plethora of animals right now... I WILL devote some time to this thread very soon, I promise!
  13. water_baby83

Where is Lepisosteus platyrhincus?

SNEAK attack. Gaww dammit I did it again.
  14. water_baby83

Where is Lepisosteus platyrhincus?

Better watch it, I'm like ninja - I see you shat talk and snack attack!!
  15. water_baby83

Introducing corals - need help quickly

Oh, and on a side note, because I noticed you said the corals were still in their bags, acclimating in the tank - once they've matched the temperature of your tank waters, you can secure the bag in a corner of your tank, opening the top of the bag so that it's above the water level, and...
  16. water_baby83

Ok that particular glue is really thick - kinda like toothpaste, and it's pretty easy to use. For the hard corals, DON'T remove it from the plug it was fragged onto. Why - because you'll damage, if not kill it for one, and two, because there is no need to. If you're going to place it on a...
  17. water_baby83

Ok first - if the bases of the hard corals you purchased look like those in the photo, then that's a simple answer. Those are plaster molds referred to often times as "plugs", of which aquacultured corals are fragged and placed onto as anchoring bases. Generally, you can wedge the "leg" of the...
  18. water_baby83

Corals W/ Attitude: Aggression & Toxicity

Corals With Attitude Understanding Classifications of Aggression & Toxicity So, for anyone who's ever entertained the idea of owning corals, or for those who have in the past and/or currently house them, it’s no secret that there are general classifications appointed to different species...
  19. water_baby83

live rock mini cycle

Ok, here's how it works - "Live Rock", in and of its self isn't living, it's the billions of tiny micro flora and fauna which reside within the crevices of it's porous surfaces. Natural die-off occurs when it's removed from it's place of origion, anytime it's placed into a new habitat, and...
  20. water_baby83

SPS/LPS Hard Corals 101 (With Pictures!)

Just saw this, so sorry for the late reply, but sure, absolutely, I can do a sticky on Brain corals. Gimme a few days, as I've slacked off on the Shark database and want to get a few more of those posted first, but yes, I can and will. p.s - I will also be taking the time tomorrow to post a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store