Search results

1. H

Can anyone ID these?

bump. anything guys? pics showing?
  2. H

Four year old and some sharks (Lots of pics)

this is a wonderful way to bring forth knowledge on the subject matt. what a lucky girl to have you and your wife with your vast experience and once in a lifetime kind of moments to partake in! i personally applaud you, and know that you would in no way put your daughter in harm's way. sadly, as...
  3. H

Installing water softener in home, effect on fish?

i haven't noticed any ill effects on my freshwater fish either, haven't lost a single one with the softener up and running for almost 2 years now.
  4. H

Can anyone ID these?

trying to figure out what exactly I have here, and whether it's ok or something I do not want in my tank. It is on the same piece of live rock as my kenya tree, so I don't want there to be any issues between. Also, there seems to be another type growing right next to it, anyone have a...
  5. H

Can I use pH reducer for swimming pools in my fish tank?

often times fish will adapt to the ph of the water you're using. i kept rays successfully in ph's of over 8.2. it's the ph swings that mess with them. keep it consistent, not only will they be fine, but you'll save a buttload of money and not have to worry about a crash.
  6. H

Hit the jackpot today!

damn davis, quite the steal! lucky
  7. H

My Gold Severum

nice gold. my gold male is very subdued. my female gold has paired with my red shoulder, and is very aggressive, towards the other gold, as well as my 20" ID shark, my black ghost knife and delhezi poly. the only one who'll go back after her is my oscar.
  8. H

Teacup Stingray?

agreed, but in a sense, look at what survives in the new york sewer system. it is quite temperate down in there, whereas the rest of new york state generally does not have such a vast sewage system as that.
  9. H

stingray water hardness

+1 my rays were in hard water, ph of 8.2 and were completely fine. they adapt to conditions very well.
  10. H

Teacup Stingray?

Illegal in texas, legal in new york state, illegal in new york city.
  11. H

Question about mela/Pima dosing

melafix/pimafix are useless, they won't do anything more than water changes with some salt dissolved into it and some airstones on pumps.
  12. H

HELP My Rays!

from what i've been told (by my city water source as well as work experience), water is only valid up for 48 hrs or something, before the test results are worthless, less if checking for chlorine levels. I can't remember for certainty, but somewhere in this time range. so sadly the samples would...
  13. H

Sold as hystrix?

they can grow up to 36" in captivity. one of the larger rays to own.
  14. H

breeding stingrays

Mr. Allgood is correct. A female retic will need to be around 3 years of age to start breeding. Males can start as early as 2 years but commonly closer to 3 years as well.
  15. H

Price for a 90 gallon

i paid 100$ for a 90 gal with stand and lids in my area, and also a pre-drilled 120 gal with stand for 100$. most depends on area and supply and demand.
  16. H

Sold as hystrix?

+1
  17. H

HELP My Rays!

you would need something else to remove ammonia. your pre-filter would get rid of your large particles, with the 2nd pre-filter gathering smaller particulate. these are a portion of your TDS being removed. then your carbon block would pull out chemicals, odors, taste (until it is full and...
  18. H

HELP My Rays!

while i agree that his parameters are indeed off, it's the ammonia that is causing the main issue. the nitrates by themselves are nothing to worry about at those levels. rays will breed and flourish in nitrate levels exceeding 200ppm. now add a smidge of ammonia to the ratio, and you're talking...
  19. H

Purchasing used aquariums and tempered galss

tanks over a certain gallonage will be plate glass anyways (unless homemade), tempered glass would shatter under the pressure of larger tanks.
  20. H

Ever seen a stingray dig?

definitely scavenging and searching for food. you'll find they do it a lot, especially in deeper sandbeds.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store