Search results

1. C

My First Planted Tank Thread!

I can see them! looks good What kind of plants and fish you putting in there?
  2. C

Cannibal ghost shrimp

It seems my lfs got some macrobrachium shrimp, as I've just found a second one that was hogging one of the hiding spots. I've heard about them, but didn't think it was that easy for them to turn up. they've both been moved to a different tank.
  3. C

Cannibal ghost shrimp

Hello, I've set up a 20 gallon shrimp tank recently and im having some troubles with a bully shrimp. I had around 20 ghost shrimp to start with. One jumped to his fate, and now 5 others have died. The others i presume to have been killed by one very large ghost shrimp, since ive caught it eating...
  4. C

2x20g rack critique

I decided to set it up as is, this is really more of a temporary thing till i move and can have the tanks back on their normal stands. Top tank will have some other filter, and will have shrimp and probably something like tetras. Currently empty On the bottom will have the ac70 from up top...
  5. C

2x20g rack critique

The final step will be braces between the feet Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  6. C

2x20g rack critique

Went with a different plan than originally. I cut the wood last night, but the pic isnt uploading right from my phone Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  7. C

2x20g rack critique

Hello, I am making a rack to hold my 20l and 20h tanks and I'm looking for some opinions on my design. I feel like I could get away with less, but I would like a more sturdy stand. My main points I'm concerned with: -Do i need a brace between the two longest pieces on the base of the stand...
  8. C

Calling All Shrimp Keepers

I'd say go with cherry reds. For most (atleast what i've heard here) ghost shrimp are a weird thing, for most they just die off, but very rarely do they breed. there seems to be a much higher success rate with cherry reds. right now i'm keeping about 10 ghosts in my 55, they're thriving but...
  9. C

Tank shattered. Don't suppose anyone can give me one?

I'm 17, and there are no jobs here in this rural part of georgia. The closest town from me is 5 minutes away, and it's tiny. I've applied everywhere that accepts applications for minors and have had no luck. the nexts closest towns are about 20-25 minutes away, so If i did find a job there, on...
  10. C

Am i coming close to overstocked?

Hey all, I've finally started stocking my 55 again with something aside from inverts, and I'm worried pretty soon I'm going to be overstocked. My setup- 55 gallon standard Ac70 filter Pair of T10 grow lights Baby dwarf tears that i'm trying to get to carpet out a little what i have- 1 angel-...
  11. C

how much for a used aquaclear 110?

I'd pay probably $30 for one in good condition with no media at all. I'm actually in the market for a 110 or another 70 actually, if you're trying to think of a good price to sell one you own :D
  12. C

Over heard some bad advice at petsmart

cause if you can get over the horrible advice given there, and you know what you're looking for, there are some good petsmarts out there. (as far as health of the fish go and such)
  13. C

~!~ Need help with removing paint from tank~!~

use a hairdryer and a razor blade and itll come right off.
  14. C

Words of wisdom to new hobbyist

This is one of the most crucial pieces of advice ive seen in here. and yes, i will admit, i am guilty of this. i had a 3 inch oscar in a 20 for a little too long. he finally got to a 55 and lived to be healthy up until the time i sold him. but good advice.
  15. C

fresh start for a 300

if it's very wide and shallow, i say a giant invertebrate tank with a carpeted bottom of something like javamoss.
  16. C

whats the biggest monsterfish you have ever seen in captivity

the whale sharks at the Atlanta Aquarium. I was truly struck speechless when i saw them.
  17. C

Upcoming Petsmart Sale

I'm definitely checking them out this weekend. Never really understood the hate on Petsmart. I have two within about 30 minutes of me, and both always have a fantastic selection without a hint of ick or hith or anything else. maybe i'm just fortunate? but i will admit, a couple of their...
  18. C

Looking for the perfect pleco for me.

thanks everyone, i think i'm going with the bristlenose once i find a breeder! :cheers:
  19. C

Help, new little oscars....

the oscar's color may permanently change depending on his enviroment. I had a tiger oscar that had absolutely gorgeous schemes of orange in my 55 gallon, then i moved him to a 250ish gallon pond for a few weeks and he turned grey striped with very dull orange. i sold him back to the store...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store