Search results

1. M

Want to catch and stock a 55 gal in eastern Ohio

Chain Pickerel get to big for a 55 and Grass pickerel really need more room also(at least a 18 inch wide tank.) Even Bluegill need more room long term than a 55.
  2. M

Want to catch and stock a 55 gal in eastern Ohio

What kinda tank do you want? Do you want a community tank,species only or aggressive? I am in NW Ohio. You have the Big Darby which is our best stream in the state. The Big Darby has 86 species of fish with 5 being endangered. Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if I can help.
  3. M

Please Help Identify

Yep, the dark on is a sculpin. And looks to be Cottus carolinae. The darters look like Orangethroat darters.The teardrop below the eye is a give away as Rainbow darters do not have it.
  4. M

Central Mudminnow feeding

I feed my mudminnows every other day but sometimes every three days.
  5. M

240 gallon Native tank

I would like to have a Bowfin but I haven't been able to catch a small one.
  6. M

Favorite sunfish for aquarium

This is a hard one...I would have to say Green Sunfish. But also like Northern,Longears,Orangespotted,Dollars and Bluespotted.
  7. M

My Brown Trout

I don't think it should be done. Heck, I wouldn't be keeping the ones I have if it wasn't for my buddy getting some for his quarry. What I mean without a chiller water gets to warm even with a lot of aeration. My garage is unheated so the tanks will stay cool throughout the winter. Adding more...
  8. M

My Brown Trout

The trout is temporary. The tank is in my garage and is currently 65 degrees. In the spring I am taking it to my buddies private quarry where I got it when he stocked it. The quarry is not connected in any way to any other body of water and again is privately owned. It was an old limestone...
  9. M

3d backgrounds.

Here's an easy one
  10. M

3 inch gar eating

My Longnose gar hunting and eating Convict Cichlid fry
  11. M

Why haven't Coldwater species have been popularized yet?

I'm not arguing natives are more colorful than tropicals. That a battle natives can't win. It just pains me when someone says native fish are not colorful. Many people keep very drab looking tropicals. Why not native/coolwater fish.There are many not so colorful ,interesting natives such as...
  12. M

Why haven't Coldwater species have been popularized yet?

I love natives! I think some of the reasons more people don't keep NA natives are. 1) The lack of natives being sold in the trade. 2) When mentioned,a lot of people think of the more popular sportfish. That get very large and are less colorful than the less common species. 3) They may think you...
  13. M

Simple DIY Background

I don't use heaters since I keep natives.
  14. M

Pics of your sunfish

longear orangespotted
  15. M

Pickerel tank mate?

I have also kept a school(6) of 5 to 6 inch golden shiners with three 8 to 11 inch red fin pickerel. The pickerel never bothered them, but then again they were well fed. Also the pickerel never seemed to mind them one way or another. In my many years of fish keeping I have found that most...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store