Search results

1. D

Predator for 90 gallon planted?

Can you get sunfish in the UK? Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. D

Live fish chinatown

I have found that most of the places in Chinatown are more likely to bend the rules for a fellow Asian than a white guy. I tried to get a love American eel from a place once and had no luck. A week later I went to the same place with a chinese friend and they packed one right up. Sadly it wasnt...
  3. D

Lets see your theme'd tanks!!!

Definitely more my style
  4. D

Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

Wasn't that Fish Tank Kings? They did it for the Florida Marlins new park, and I believe they put an outside layer of bullet proof glass, so the balls are not actually hitting the tank. I believe Tanked was hired to do a tank for a minor league baseball team, but they backed out
  5. D

just dirted my ten gallon 15 minutes ago

get some Nirite snails. They are great algae eaters and every planted tank should have them, imho
  6. D

just dirted my ten gallon 15 minutes ago

The point of dirt is you don't need root tabs, they are wasted here. Also, you should have gone with lots of stem plants. The bulbs aren't going to sprout fast enough to suck up all the nutrients the dirt puts out for the first few weeks. You are going to get nailed with a massive algae bloom...
  7. D

Need help with mud for mudskippers

I am interested in converting a 75 gallon I have into a mudskipper habitat. However, I would love to simulate the actual muddy conditions these animals live in. It seems like most people stick with the PFS for skippers, but that is not muddy at all. I have heard about possibly mixing in...
  8. D

Changing a 75 gallon community tank into a south american cichlid/stingray tank HELP!

If you want more than one, you need to stick with the smaller species like Rainbows, Firemouth, Convicts, Festivum or you could go with a bunch of dwarves like Rams or Apistos
  9. D

Light cracking glass tops

Reptile heat lamps are designed to be put over screens not glass lids. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  10. D

Video Of My Show Tank

What kind o background is that. I love it Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. D

New salvini , will this one have red belly??

Just a warning, you get a spawning pair of Salvini's, you can kiss that blood parrot goodbye. They are awesome fish, but they are psychotic. I had a pair kill and Oscar, 2 JDS and several firemouths. They were all still relatively small, but the sals would not let anything else live in the...
  12. D

i think i made a mistake

take a video
  13. D

Weird electric shock by water

Don't wait for the new pump to arrive before turning off the current one. It needs to go right now.
  14. D

WORLDS SMALLEST SHARK - COMPATIBLE FOR NANO TANKS!!! MUST SEE pics included!

It's called Tonic Immobility, but I don't think it occurs in all sharks, though it does in most of the big ones. They essentially go into a trance.
  15. D

Severum tank mates

In my experience, Kribs absolutley HATE Rams. Anytime I have seen it tried it has resulted in dead Rams. In a 40 I would say you would be fine with 2 breeding pairs. You could also look into Apistos
  16. D

crazy craigslist

Yeah, I am in the Boston area and we never get these deals on CL. Around here for that price someone is trying to sell the 55 gallon they just bought at Petco
  17. D

Is this rotting?

Uhm, wrong. Fish waste has nothing to do with the CO2 process, and while planted tanks grow faster with CO2, it certainly is not needed for most plants. A good substrate and proper lighting are the most important parts of a planted tank. I use capped potting soil and plant growth is...
  18. D

totally awesome native fish!

I know a place in Boston's chinatown where these can be purchased by the bucketfull. They got striped bass as well. They are supposed to sell them live, but if you go with a Chinese friend they are more apt to bend those rules.
  19. D

Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

I actually really liked the Petco tanks from this week, though I would done the Freshwater as the center and went with salt cylinder. The tree boa terrarium was pretty cool, though not being big on herps, I don't know if adding two snakes to the enclosure is a faux pas. I HATED the kiss...
  20. D

My awesome planted...check it out please.

The severum is going to eat all your plants
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store