Search results

1. B

Breeder setups in 10 gallon for 2 Delhezi Bichirs and a Jack Dempsey

Oh ok, I thought I read that you had to transfer them to brackish or something for breeding. I wonder what I'm thinking of then... But still, I use neos with no issues
  2. B

But if I remember right, ghosts don't need breed in regular fresh water
  3. B

I would suggest also trying to find some cheap neo shrimps. A lot of times when people mix different color shrimp (like red cherry and blue dream for example) they end up with a natural brown phenotype that they end up selling for cheap... If you can find this, (or get lucky like me who found...
  4. B

Tampa LFS recommendations

Oh, wow. I didn't know that about bluegrass. I'm interested in setting up a Tang. tank but might do apisto or dwarf pike cichlids in that tank instead. Kinda whatever is available in the area. And in my other tank, I have a EBJD I'm going to try and breed with a Pink JD if I can find a female...
  5. B

Tampa LFS recommendations

Hey everyone, I just got stationed here in the Tampa area (Clearwater to be exact) and am looking for some good LFS recommendations and/or some local clubs.
  6. B

Harem tank + Avoiding mutts - 65g stocking advice

Malawi has the colors, but Tanganyika is where it's at for interesting behavior. I think in the long run it'd keep your kids more engaged.
  7. B

indoor ponds for mbuna colonies

Mbuna aren't really known as jumpers, so I can't imagine youd have a problem, that being said, precautions never hurt...
  8. B

My EBJD

ah, interesting. Yeah, they look great in your profile picture. Great info. thank you.
  9. B

My EBJD

Wow, he's gorgeous. I especially like the spangled look he had at 4 inch. Just looks like a regular JD with 3x the spangled. I think that looks way better than the nearly solid blue that Conor has. I'm excited to see how nice he gets. I hope I'm right in thinking he'll be good since he's growing...
  10. B

My EBJD

Thank you.
  11. B

My EBJD

Yeah, I always wanted to keep these, but have always been scared to go for it because of the horrible reputation they have for dying off prematurely, but this guy is big and healthy so I think he'll make it. I think I'm going to have to take out some of the plants soon to give him more swimming...
  12. B

My EBJD

Hey guys, just thought I'd post some pics of my EBJD Conor. I might have to change his name after Conor McGregor's last 2 performances though lol. I got him around the same time that my brother got a regular JD (jack), and surprisingly he has outgrown the JD. I think it's a matter of food, as I...
  13. B

Nannochromis Transvestitus Experience

I just finally got my hands on a pair of nanochromis splendens. Very closely related to transvestitus, and I believe very similar behavior and requirements, so hopefully we can help each other through this breeding project.
  14. B

Outdoor Jack Dempsey spawn

Wow. Awesome. Thank you for the information. I've always been interested in doing a cichlid pond, now that I'm stationed in Houston, I might have to indulge in one.
  15. B

Outdoor Jack Dempsey spawn

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?
  16. B

Anyone ever seen an Otto do this?

Lol. Yeah, I was very confused when I saw it. But he hopped right down when he was done being weird
  17. B

Anyone ever seen an Otto do this?

I went into my office and saw this in my tank.
  18. B

this was a mistake

Offer them up to a local fish club as feeders?
  19. B

In nature, what removes hormones

I always here how even in overly planted tanks, where nitrates nitrites and ammonia are all in unreadable levels, you still have to do consistent water changes because of the fish hormones that the plants don't take out. And I get that water is constantly being replenished in nature, but unless...
  20. B

What's the Most Gruesome Fish Situation You've Had?

Remind me never to let you help me move a tank. Lol. Bad luck seems to follow. Glad everyone is ok though.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store