Search results

1. S

New natives

And I said this bc I have heard the same thing every time I post. No one is listening and replying with a new answer. If someone could actually tell me what is wrong with what I am doing then I'm all ears. But don't sit here and babble about its just not cool your screwing everything up for us...
  2. S

New natives

I honestly just don't see a real problem... Like I said before NOTHING non native to THAT LAKE has been fed housed or even been in contact with these fish or there tank.... So basically I'm just keeping them in a small protected piece of the lake untill they are big enough not to be eaten...
  3. S

New natives

Not really. Ok the fish could get a non native disease or parasite that could damage the population, ok nothing non native of that lake has lived or been fed to the fish. That's about the only argument. And I have thought of that and taken measures to prevent that. Other than being illegal...
  4. S

New natives

Everything is a touchy subject around here now. No one really knows anything about fish. sent from below the water line
  5. S

New natives

Holy crap. Ok guys. I remember why I don't get on this forum anymore. No educated opinions. Just repeating things you hear from other people. And **** you read. sent from below the water line
  6. S

New natives

Not feeders. Guppies aka mosquito fish from the lake.... I actually am gettin my degree in marine biology at Texas a&m right now. So no I'm not a biologist, but pretty close.... So again. I'm asking someone to give me a reason as to why what I am doin is wrong... sent from below the water line
  7. S

New natives

Idk how I'm messing anything up. I took bass from a small lake and I'm gettin them past the age that they would probably be eaten and taking them back. I'm not releasing snake heads. It's no different than stocking a lake.... I agree, non natives should never be released into local waters. But...
  8. S

New natives

We its a little behind but I caught 3 baby bass about 3in long almost 2 weeks ago. Also caught a really colorful perch about the same size. So now they are in my 90 and man are they cool! The bass gorged on guppies for the first week. Then I moved them to red worms and now they are on floating...
  9. S

Post Pictures Of Your Gars!!!!!

sent from below the water line
  10. S

Best Canister for preformance and price out there.

Mine dies that too. It's bc of the media restricting the flow. The center baskets should be bio media or carbon and such. No sponges unless your cleaning it very frequently sent from below the water line
  11. S

Upgrading to a larger tank...how do I transfer, seed, and move fish over right away?

Clean that 90! Every little fake of coraline and algea needs to be gone. That stuff if it rots in your fresh tank it will crash it fast. Other than that the filter will be plenty of bio. No need to move all the substrate. And really no need to move all the water. I would say keep maybe 20 gal...
  12. S

Stingrays to be Slaughtered for Shoes

This is the third thread about this. It's fake and people have been using stingray for boots for a long time. sent from below the water line
  13. S

Big fish, little lake....

Nice I just moved from there. Austin is way better. I used to fish choke falcon amistad and fayette one every weekend for the tournaments I fished. sent from below the water line
  14. S

Where at in Texas? If this fish was 10 this would be my 5th double digit fish. sent from below the water line
  15. S

You caught an 11 pound bass and didn't take a pic? I had to get out of my kayak and scales a 30 ft rip rap damn to ask a jogger to take that pic lol sent from below the water line
  16. S

Pics or it didn't happen.... sent from below the water line
  17. S

Texas :) N kevin, its hot here too but never too hot to bass fish :) sent from below the water line
  18. S

Thanks! sent from below the water line
  19. S

What's the best rod and reel combo you have used?(freshwater)

Do you like the mojos? They always break on.me. I have gone through like 5 of them. Both baitcast and spinning. sent from below the water line
  20. S

What's the best rod and reel combo you have used?(freshwater)

My favorite is a shimano citica reel with a falcon bucoo micro for jig and trigs and a bass pro micro light reel with a sleet reese tessera rod for cranks. The quantum exo combo is legit too. sent from below the water line
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store