Search results

1. Brian_Indiana

MOST MISLABELED FISHES IN YOUR LFS

I found an almost 3" fully colored male Ngara Flametail (along with some other peacocks) in a African Pseudo tank. All the fish listed on the tank were pseudos and $8.99. I asked the guy the price on the Flametail. He said it must be $8.99 like everything else in there; having no clue what he...
  2. Brian_Indiana

Anyone running an african tank with substrate only, no decor?

Is this the 175 you have in the media lounge? No way I would remove your rocks. That tank looks great as is!
  3. Brian_Indiana

Anyone running an african tank with substrate only, no decor?

You might reduce the fighting over territory, but you would also eliminate any hiding places for your sub fish. I do not think it is a good idea long-term for the majority of Africans. Mbuna means "rockfish" and do best with lots of rocks. What species do you have?
  4. Brian_Indiana

stocking for 150gal

For Fronts tank mates, stick with other Tanganyika.
  5. Brian_Indiana

filters which one is best guys

It seems I do see more Eheim fans badmouthing FX5's than vice versa. My only complaint about Eheim is the price.
  6. Brian_Indiana

75G Malawi Rock Tank

Excellent tank. You have some great aquascape and filtration.
  7. Brian_Indiana

Frontosa Tank Setup

The Neolamprologus Leleupi are a nice addition. I have some in my 220 and have always been a fan of them. Good luck with the Calvus. They are slow growers.
  8. Brian_Indiana

filters which one is best guys

I have x2 FX5 and x1 405 (not on the same tank). While I like the 405, it doesn't stand a chance against the FX5. You are going to need more than a 405 on a 150. As far as the Eheim vs FX5, I do not even bother with those debates. Each has devoted followers and you will NEVER change their mind.
  9. Brian_Indiana

125, 55, 20H Tanks With Stands - Muncie, IN - PU

All sold.....mods, please close.
  10. Brian_Indiana

how long for silicone to fully set

Agreed with the 7 days. Better safe than sorry!
  11. Brian_Indiana

Glass Repair!

A 48"x18"x30" sump.....imagine all the scrubbies you could put in that thing!!
  12. Brian_Indiana

2 green terrors in a 55 gallon tank?

A single, fully grown 8" fish in a 12" wide tank isn't all that bad....but isn't optimal. For perspective, would you want to live in a 4' wide room? You can turn around in a prison cell, but I wouldn't call it spacious! I realize that a reasonable comparison, but I am just saying.... What is...
  13. Brian_Indiana

RIP Bonnie, you were The coolest!

Losing a fish sucks enough on its own, but to surprisingly lose one w/o any noticeable reason might be worse. You never know what happened or if it will happen again. If there is a problem or issue you can identify, at least you know what you are up against and how to proceed.
  14. Brian_Indiana

my tank

Looks good. I would add more rocks. You might consider adding a background. It really helps IMO.
  15. Brian_Indiana

Help With Growth Rate

I have a Frontosa colony. They do grow slower than peacocks or mbuna, but faster than Calvus. If you give fronts a variety of good food, enough room, and provide water changes, their growth rate isn't as slow as many say.
  16. Brian_Indiana

How would you stock a 46 Gallon Bowfront...

I had a 46 bowfront for years. Some of the iterations were mbuna tank (several times), fancy goldfish (orandas,moors), pair of Oscars (6" and 4"), JD alone (7"), female FH (5"), and EBJD (x4 1"-3"). The EBJDs were the last fish I had in it before I sold it. They are cool tanks, but not big...
  17. Brian_Indiana

Anyone have stacked 125 gallon tanks?

72x30x30...x2 Brutal! That is a sweet looking stand/tanks set-up
  18. Brian_Indiana

Anyone have stacked 125 gallon tanks?

I have seen stacked 125's at LFS. They are tube steel. I have made a stand for dual 90's, but it was nothing fancy and kept in a basement. Perfecto used to make a steel 125 stand that holds dual 30 gallon breeders (30x18) under the 125. I really like the looks of 12 Volt Man's, but it doesn't...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store