Search results

1. wolffishlover

Erythrinus Sp. (Peru) "Purple Wolffish"

Thats a great looking fish dude! I had one that got to about 11" and mudfrog had one that was a little bigger but that is a very healthy looking wolf!
  2. wolffishlover

NEW bigger Aimara

Without being a downer, I didnt have high hope of this lasting. Blacks seem to play well, aimaras not so much
  3. wolffishlover

Suriname X Peru platinum Hoplias Malabaricus

So would this be a different set of parents or a mistype? Post says PeruXperu, this appears to be surinameXperu. Just seeking clarity on your posts
  4. wolffishlover

Suriname X Peru platinum Hoplias Malabaricus

Pics of the parents?
  5. wolffishlover

Red Wolf!

Yeah man I wouldnt stress out too much. They are some super hardy fishes and it doesnt bother me leaving for 3-5 days and him not eating. Might not be how everyone does it but if hes not "hungry" and out waiting for food, I dont feed
  6. wolffishlover

Red Wolf!

They will fast at times, my old red would go a couple weeks just kinda in a semi dormant state then back to normal like nothing changed. Same with my Curu, will eat like a mad man and be super active then go off of everything and lurks in the drift wood
  7. wolffishlover

Curu and cory cats?

Had an idea, and was wondering if others had tried with any luck keeping a roughly 10 inch curu with a bunch of cory cats, specifically pygmy corys. All input is appreciated
  8. wolffishlover

Red Wolf!

Dang it man hate to hear it, good to see you back around! Hope to see a growout thread soon!
  9. wolffishlover

Red Wolf!

I dont, lost him around 2013 and got back up and running late 2019 with a sp. choco I had brought in at 4in. Ended up with a northern BTS also lol
  10. wolffishlover

New Hoplias!

Successfully moved tank fish and self into the new house, no issues, was flaring gills at 8am and he went into the water around midnight. Ill try to get some photos up soon
  11. wolffishlover

Red Wolf!

Shooooooo its good to see you around again mud. That big fella was the motivation for me to get one back in the day
  12. wolffishlover

Red vs purple wolf - differences?

I had a Sp peru about 10 years ago brought in by Rapps if I recall correctly and it was very timid. He ended up close to 10 inches and about as fat as a cucumber. I really enjoyed that fish. Currently have a Curu around 10in and hes awesome
  13. wolffishlover

Wolf fish id

Import info? Looks like a mala
  14. wolffishlover

wolffish ID

Intermidius?
  15. wolffishlover

New Hoplias!

Honestly couldnt tell you, its north ga tap water and all the eel grass came off the Tennesee river lol
  16. wolffishlover

New Hoplias!

I would recommend it, he was awesome to work with as far as getting the exact fish I wanted
  17. wolffishlover

New Hoplias!

Little update. He’s starting to get some bulk and attitude
  18. wolffishlover

I did the opposite of releasing fish into the wild

UVB/UVA does wonders lol fish like to tan too
  19. wolffishlover

Wolf fish ID

Head shape looks right and so does the jaw, not sure as of point of collection but i would be comfortable spending money and calling that an Aim
  20. wolffishlover

Gold wolf, red wolf, or Black

Purple or “Peru” is the smallest that’s typically seen
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store