1. T

FS-Festae, Females - West Milton, OH - Pickup

I bought the six incher shes awesome. Thanks
  2. T

Indo Dat Dayton

5 inch or so Dat pellet trained. Make offer or trade. North Dayton Ohio
  3. T

Extra large Polleni or Indo dat

Yep! I couldn't do it and I am glad i gave it a few days to decide.
  4. T

Eh..... I opted to keep the dat, My sons are just too attached to him. There is no way I could do that to them, and my wife was adamant that I would regret getting rid of him and she would have been correct. Besides I do believe I just would have gotten the polleni because of his size as Rafini...
  5. T

Some good points here. I am not concerned about housing the new Polleni, I have kept them for years and they will be in separate tanks. My female polleni is spectacular and growing fast. My dat eats everything and anything now, pellets, shrimp, worms, etc. I guess the real situation is the Dat...
  6. T

Ok here is the deal, I am trading away a 9 or so inch female Dovii, I have the opportunity to trade for an extra large beautiful Polleni, however I need to include my 5ish inch Indo Dat as well for this trade to happen. Dats and polleni/bleekeri are my two favorite fish. I already have a male...
  7. T

how to talk your wife, gf, bf into a bigger tank ?

I'm glad I don't have this problem, my wife is always checking Craigslist and garage sales for tanks for herself. All I have to say is hey I am buying another tank.
  8. T

Mahseer information?

south west ohio
  9. T

Mahseer information?

There is LFS here that currently has a Golden Masheer. He is about 4 inches or so. Only one Ive ever seen. Id pick him but I could never keep him to adult hood.
  10. T

In New Jersey, about to lose my entire tank......trying everything I can!

For the record I kept all my fish alive in a fish only marine tank for over 24hrs in a house that lost electricity with no alternate heat source with just blankets. I don't think it ever got below 75, this was during a brutal subzero event too.
  11. T

Which water Pokemon would you own!?

Whats a pokemon? is that the yellow pika pika thing?
  12. T

Ethics in fishkeeping

I am not sure why we shouldn't put blame on one the biggest contributors for recommending stuffing large fish into inappropriate places. I figured it was common to trust an "expert" at a fish store when first starting up and naive. Buying a tank at LFS is different than getting a brake job and...
  13. T

Ethics in fishkeeping

Let's also put a fair amount of blame on the majority of LFS's. I thinks its safe to say a large portion of new fish keepers obtain the bulk of their rookie knowledge from store employees. This is one of the genesis' of keeping TSN etc in 55 gallon tanks. I had so much smoke blown up my @## from...
  14. T

What kind of cichlid is this and can you give me any info

I have found Polleni/bleekeri to be a great "police fish", If they have a good size advantage they are great to keep with ca cichlids as they can be dominate and aggressive enough to keep other fish from killing each other by quickly chasing any disputes but mild enough that they are not...
  15. T

From my exp. it depends on how closely colored the fish is to the polleni/bleekeri. My biggest male was the dominant fish and no one challenged him he was kept with a dat and some ca cichlids. He would kill dark fish I bought a Sajica, and like an idiot I tossed him in with the polleni, and a...
  16. T

How dumb are some fish keepers

I'll take him. You ship? haha
  17. T

Ethics in fishkeeping

Let's also not forget we are being anthropomorphic, no one knows if any fish cares at all about the tank size, or if they care a lot and are miserable. I try to shy away from assuming, with that being said I have for the most part shied away from really large fish these days. Mainly because...
  18. T

Don't under estimate them, a male i had for a long time had a pretty good rap sheet. They can and do kill, and they can do it quickly,.
  19. T

Do you subscribe to any hobby related mags? Which ones...?

I used to years ago but they very rarely had articles on fish that interested me.
  20. T

Bleekeri or Polleni?

Here if the fish is labeled as polleni they are 9 bucks, if its labeled Bleekeri they are 30-45.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store