Search results

1. C

Underwater Video Camera and above water too

It appears that a camera compliant to IP68 Standards would be waterproof enough for a Koi Pond. Some appear to cost under $200. I am going to do some more research, and if I buy something I will post results.
  2. C

Underwater pond camera

It appears that a camera compliant to IP68 Standards would be waterproof enough for a Koi Pond. Some appear to cost under $200. I am going to do some more research, and if I buy something I will post results.
  3. C

Underwater pond camera

Yes, I don't want to spend Jacques Cousteau money ;) From what I saw from Google Searches people were just putting some of the better water proof Security cameras into their ponds. So perhaps spending $600 for the camera(s), and DVR systems. I'm just assuming some 'waterproof' security...
  4. C

Underwater pond camera

Some of the Koi Camera searches I did found products that were no longer sold. Some Security Video camera's have a "water Resistance" rating that should allow 1ft of depth and continous 7x24 operation, but I haven't found anyone who is actively using one and clearly indicating what brand and...
  5. C

Underwater pond camera

I started a similar post today, I see you didn't get any responses. Did you find something you could use?
  6. C

Underwater Video Camera and above water too

My pond is done (2000 gallons) and preparing to stock with Koi I have seen websites where people have found security video cameras that were water proof enough and with wide angle lenses that you could view your KOI. Anyone had any luck identifying specific brands and models of cameras...
  7. C

BEST FILTER MEDIA

We visit the pond supply store at end of the season, and buy at "deep" discounts. We start off with Course sponge, then flows to fine sponge, then through bio-balls, and out back to the pond. Nothing more complicated than that.
  8. C

Outdoor KOI Pond in Phoenix Arizona or other high temperature climates?

Thanks -- seems like the heat of Phoenix isn't a problem, and benefit is I can enjoy the pond year round....
  9. C

http://www.phoenixponds.com/index.html
  10. C

And I love GOOGLE -- http://www.vskc.net/
  11. C

Yes, agree and thanks. I just know that friends that I have living there with swimming pools painted white to reflect the sun and minimize heating, still reach water temperatures in the 90's. And the pools have "deep ends" about 8 feet deep. We aren't moving yet, but this is one of the...
  12. C

Does anyone have experience with keeping KOI in outdoor inground pond in areas like Phoenix Arizona or other areas where day time temperatures easily go over 100 and at night may only drop to 90 (at least during summer) Wondering what the options are for outdoor ponds in areas like that...
  13. C

Maybe a BIT expensive!

Ask neighbors in the area what it costs them to heat their backyard pools. 13,000 gallons is a small back yard pool, so a pool heater would probably work, but the flow rate through those is quite high. Pump alone will probably need 20/30amp circuit (220v)
  14. C

KOIS FOR MY TANK

Agreed. But all advice, is opinion, and with cavats. I didn't say keep 100 KOI, in 1 gallon either. And also suggested they get moved into ponds. After doing a lot of SCUBA diving, I would also like to put all the salt water fish back in their natural environment too. Also my opinon.
  15. C

KOIS FOR MY TANK

In general should be in a pond, but for a year or two with extreme filtration, and frequent water changes.... you can make it work. Hence the website we are at MONSTER FISH .... the rule of thumb in ponds is about 150 gallons of water per fish..... or better, like 200 or 300 gallons per...
  16. C

Food questions?

Thanks - that helps my "scientific side" have a solid metric .... I try to feed 3x's sometimes 4x's when I have time, and feed slowly to make sure they want it and every piece gets eaten. It's part of the enjoyment of koi to watch them head for the food, and swim around chewing. ;) Thanks...
  17. C

Removing Micro Bubbles

You may have too much back pressure. What size pipe does the pump manufacture recommend. If you are using 1" return piping, and pump manufacture says 1.5" or 2" you have seriously restricted the flow. Can you experiment by temporarily using 1.5 or 2" flexible hose from the pump back in to...
  18. C

Food questions?

But that doesn't answer my question of July 8th on "Volume" or "Quantity" of food, based on approximate fish size, rather than feeding frenzy for 2 minutes. Any recommendations in measurements of volume, like Table Spoon, 1/8th of a cup. See my July 8th post
  19. C

GOLDFISH DIED THIS MORNING

And don't forget, Goldfish do not live as long as Koi. So Koi, 20-30 years old, very normal.... Feeder goldfish... if you got 5 years you did a really good job in my opinion.
  20. C

Designing a new house around a koi pond

Completely AMAZING --- Some pond owners worry about racoons, but I see in your pictures you have BEARS!!!! Hope you haven't lost too many Koi to that.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store