Search results

1. B

FS- Multiple Polypterus Bichirs- Cleveland, OH- Pick Up Only

Need to move these guys out ASAP, hence the low prices! They are lovely fish, pictures do not do them justice. I need the tank for other fish that I have taken on. 2-Polypterus endlicheri one male and one female, if they are laying eggs, they always get eaten, I haven't seen any- 12 inches-...
  2. B

FS- Electric Blue Jack Dempsey Cichlid Male 9" - $80 - Cleveland, OH- Pick up only

Electric Blue Jack Dempsey, male. Will be 3 years old in May. About 9" long. Only cichlid in tank. Tolerant of smaller fish, lives with porthole catfish, loaches, and small plecos, does not bother them. Please do not plan on housing with other large cichlids, not aggressive enough. I have him...
  3. B

FS- Multiple Polypterus Bichirs- Cleveland, OH- Pick Up Only

I'm putting this ad up because I am entertaining the idea of selling my polypterus's, and I want to see if there is any interest. I have: 2-Polypterus endlicheri one male and one female, if they are laying eggs, they always get eaten, I haven't seen any- 12 inches- $45 each 1- Ropefish/...
  4. B

New healthy EbJd juvy

I recommend raising EBJDs with a small number of other non-aggressive fish. I raised 2 EBJD's with loaches and a BN pleco. One EB ended up killing the other, and then he was alone with his catfish. That is how he lives now at 3 yrs old.
  5. B

They say a fish wont starve itself....

None of my polys would eat pellets when they were babies. I couldnt get them to switch to pellets until about 6-7" in length (started at 3", now 12") Anyway, tilapia is really good for them. you should feed that in addition to pellets anyway.
  6. B

PU ONLY Electric Blue Jack Dempsey Cichlid Male 9" asking $80 Cleveland, OH

Electric Blue Jack Dempsey, male. Will be 3 years old in May. About 9" long. Only cichlid in tank. Tolerant of smaller fish, lives with porthole catfish, loaches, and small plecos, does not bother them. Please do not plan on housing with other large cichlids, not aggressive enough. I have him...
  7. B

Powerheads, Filters, and Airstones, Oh My! PLEASE Someone Help

I have the Marineland Penguin filters, the one for a 20g tank is in that tank, and the ones for 50g tanks are in the 55gs.
  8. B

Powerheads, Filters, and Airstones, Oh My! PLEASE Someone Help

Hello All, I currently have 3 takes running, a 55g with a Jack Dempsey and assorted catfish friends, a 55g with several 8"-12" polypterus and a clown knife fish, and a 20g with half a dozen 4" polypterus ornatipinnis. I've decided that I would like to get more air running in the tanks, so...
  9. B

Growth rate for Endlii bichirs??

anyone?
  10. B

thank you. That's why I'm getting all bent out of shape, because I think they look healthy too compared to other grown bichirs I have seen on this site, except that they are smaller than other people's for their age... anyone else have ideas/comments?
  11. B

Pictures of my bichirs. I have 3 endlicheri, one senegal. The senegal will be 2 yrs this May and is 6", the endlicheri are all from the same batch at the LFS I bought them from and will be 2 yrs in August. They are each about 9". Also, please advise if there is something I can do to make sure...
  12. B

Can they still grow if they are either one of those things?
  13. B

do you talk to your fish?

When I talk to mine, I use words words my momma would slap me for saying :)
  14. B

What makes a "Quality" EBJD?

Well, the guy you bought him from should be careful then, because my EBJD is 2 yrs old, and his pattern and color has changed several times. He used to be all blue, now he has some gold, and he used to be more solid blue, and now black patterning has come about his face.
  15. B

Is this a Jack Dempsey

Yes, possibly male. But would need better pics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store