Search results

1. M

Coil denitrator?

I think the major challenge to anaerobic bacteria colony keeping is the fact that one must deplete oxygen in such systems...all while the aquarium water column must have loads of oxygen for fish and bacteria to stay healthy. This contradiction of condition is what makes this a huge challenge...
  2. M

Coil denitrator?

While these are known to de-nitrate slowly, the load of the aquarium (number and size of fish) will ultimately decide if the nitrates can be broken down quickly enough. The best way is to do a water change on a normal basis, and for that its much easier and definitely healthier to invest in a...
  3. M

deadly nitrite question

Carbon does get rid of some nitrates, however if there are fish in the tank, the process will take too long, and the longer they are exposed to it, the longer they will suffer from toxic the material. It is advisable to perform a large water change by preparing the replacement water from an RO...
  4. M

Tank stand for 450 gallon glass tank- question

Glass tank if not excessively large (i.e. not over approximately 24"x48" foot print) are designed to carry most of the weight in the corner, and most larger ones as well if designed properly. They are designed this way so that the glass seals are always under constant pressure and that the...
  5. M

240GAL ACRYLIC & STAND 90505 PU

For now, I'll show you the current reef setup I have that will migrate into this new tank. It's a 110 gallon corner tank with a 25 gallon sump. I've had it running for 3 years now and will need more space as this colt coral colony is now 2.5 times the original size, and growing.
  6. M

Currently consulting the biggest hurdle. My wife... I need to get past her to start on this... So I'm budgeting everything and choosing a location now. 60" Plasma TV will be relocated, and the 3 giant Japanese antique cabinets. It's funny that one single fish tank will involve so much...
  7. M

I'm SURE I'll enjoy it. I'm blueprinting some custom wall cabinet right now, and external sump setup in a shed outside the walls because this sucker will by noisy once setup as a reef. Hopefully, I'll have something starting within the month, and be all finished within two months. I want this...
  8. M

Now if I can move some furniture to fit this in the living room!!!!!
  9. M

OK I just picked it up. It's a nice one, getting the scratches buffed out this week, and it should be ready to fill with 240 gallons of reef!
  10. M

He's near Los Angeles, California, and is a REALLY nice guy!! I almost bought it today but I realized it was 7 inches longer than the slot my wife asked me to put the tank, so it was no go. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it fit, since I later discovered the minimal scratches on the front was...
  11. M

can i do a ghetto 125 salt?

Though protien skimmers have proven to be one of the most effective filtration methods, you can do without it. Doing so will greatly reduce your bio-load capability as well as necessitate more frequent water changes. Having a skimmer will always be a great investment and you can save up to get...
  12. M

can i do a ghetto 125 salt?

Don't forget the fact that you will need to cycle your tank again for bacteria since freshwater strands are different from saltwater strands. So you need to watch your water parameters all over from start, and if you are going with the current aquascape intact, remove all plants, clean the...
  13. M

I'll take it !!!!~~~ Call me at (310)951-7568 (Name: Moto) I'm local in 90505 Torrance I can pick up anytime with $500 cash in hand.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store