Search results

1. F

The Walking Dead

:popcorn:I think it's about time that there is a series on tv that isn't about cops, lawyers, or doctors. Plus, Zombies rock :headbang2
  2. F

55 gallon restock

What about an EBJD and a Tiger Oscar? Would there be room for other fish? I've never really had cichlids or oscars or anything. The Columbian Sharks were my first.
  3. F

55 gallon restock

I have a Needlenose "Gar" that will be in there. I'm thinking about getting an EBJD. My wife llikes cichlids, I like monsters. I know I can't really keep hardly any monsters in a 55 and I think I've finally come to terms with that. :cry:
  4. F

55 gallon restock

So with the cost of marine salt and the fact that my Columbian Sharks are not as itty bitty as they used to be, I have decided to rehome them and go freshwater instead of brackish in my 55. Any stocking suggestions? It's a standard 55 with an AC110.
  5. F

new high tech turtle filter!

:headbang2Redneck waterfall FTW!!!:headbang2
  6. F

how long can columbian sharks live in fresh water?

I have three Columbian Sharks I keep in an SG of about 1.008. I have been slowly adding more marine salt with each water change to gradually increase the salinity. Within the next four or five years it will probably be about full marine. They are doing well and growing fast. Just know to...
  7. F

130 degree water and fish do not mix.

If I had a 300 gallon I would stock it with a few Columbian Sharks. They are brackish to full marine though.
  8. F

Movie Plot Holes, AAAAARRRGH!!!

I think the Gremlins thing is lunar. So where you are in the world doesnt really matter. You could technically continue travelling to try and "outrun" the moon and he could continue to eat at his leisure. But then again, they never said when you could start feeding him again did they?:nilly:
  9. F

pictures of my 2 tanks

Don't throw them directly into Brackish. Acclimate them slowly. I would recommend putting the Columbians into the 125 because they can get up to about 16-18 inches. Your gars look like florida gars and they'll only reach about 12 inches. But for the sharks start them in fresh and raise the...
  10. F

All About Columbian Sharks

I have three Columbian Sharks in my 55 gallon brackish. They are about 4-5 inches each. They eat a LOT! I alternate feeding them sinking shrimp pellets, freeze-dried bloodworms, and frozen brine shrimp (which they LOVE). I also have a needle nose gar in the same tank that I feed live feeder...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store