Search results

1. CharlieTuna

Sump, pumps, fliters, lace rock, etc Aurora or Bailey, CO

Finishing parting out my 210g, the tank is gone but I still have everything else. - Two ReeFlo Snapper pumps - awesome pump, capable of pushing 2500 gph each. I have a bunch of plumbing, anti drain valves, etc that you can have if you purchase one or both of the pumps. $150 each or $280 for...
  2. CharlieTuna

FS Bennett, CO complete acrylic 210 gallon and glass 110 gallon set ups

I sold the 210g tank. I will be reposting the stand, pumps filters, etc.
  3. CharlieTuna

Thanks for pointing this out, I will edit my original post if I can - my 210 is a 210, I posted the wrong dimensions. The tank is 84"x24"x24"
  4. CharlieTuna

110g - sale pending. 210g - still available, $950 if you can pick it up by this Sunday afternoon.
  5. CharlieTuna

Unfortunately I am moving and do not have room for my tanks. I will post more detail and pics later or you can PM or email me. mx5sk@yahoo.com 210 gallon; acrylic. 72"x24"x24" Stand ready to be skinned. Sump with Poret and Seachem Matrix, Reeflo Snappers, Ocean Clear canisters. Very...
  6. CharlieTuna

Help needed with my first DIY wet dry filter

For your mechanical media; I'm using Poret foam in my DIY sump. Works great and provides for additional bio-media. I'm a big fan of Seachem Matrix for bio, using that too.
  7. CharlieTuna

lighting

For my African Cichlids, I'm using a florescent fixture with in 10k bulb and one actinic bulb. This is a standard saltwater light, I feel it brings out the colors in the fish. As already mentioned, the fish don't care.
  8. CharlieTuna

Galvanized trough for holding fish?

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of using this tank so I would not have to purchase anything, but I do not want to put my fish at risk. I like the plastic container or kiddie pool idea, I will have to consider those.
  9. CharlieTuna

Galvanized trough for holding fish?

I will be moving soon, I'm trying to figure out the logistics of moving my tanks and fish. I have a galvanized water trough used for livestock, about 100g. Would this be okay for temporarily holding my fish? I'm thinking they would be in it about 2 - 3 days while I move the tanks, reheat them...
  10. CharlieTuna

Questions regarding electric/water bills...

When I set up my first tank, a 110g with a Rio 2100 in the sump, canister filter, 200w heater and two flight fixtures with a total of 4 30" bulbs, I did not notice any difference in my electric bill. When I set up my 210g with two ReeFlo Snapper pumps, a Mag 12 and 900 watts of heaters I...
  11. CharlieTuna

Grow out tank question

I have about 20 fish in it, most of them 1/2 to 3/4". A couple of really small guys that I found in the sump of my big tank. I will take the advice of all and pickup some rocks.
  12. CharlieTuna

Grow out tank question

I recently set up a 29g grow out tank for a bunch of juvenile Mbuna I purchased from my favorite LFS. I do not have structure in the tank. The fish seem very skittish though they are slowly getting used to me being around, the tank is sitting on my home office desk :) My question, should I put...
  13. CharlieTuna

Looking for tempurature controller

Jehmco can install multiple outlets on the controller for you.
  14. CharlieTuna

BeamsWork LED lights?

I'm going to try one of the 48" freshwater units. If it works out okay I will order a 36" for full coverage on my tank. If it does not work out for my 210g, I think it will be adequate for my 110g. I will post a few comparison pics when the light arrives.
  15. CharlieTuna

BeamsWork LED lights?

Which lights are these, the "freshwater" or "reef" version? Do the housings, etc seem to be of decent quality?
  16. CharlieTuna

BeamsWork LED lights?

I thought they looked interesting too. I might buy one of the smaller models just to check out, if it looks okay I could use it on my grow out tank then purchase larger models for my 210g.
  17. CharlieTuna

Acrylic Tanks - who uses them and how are they?

I have a 210g acrylic, could not be happier with it. I have not had any issues with scratches, you need to be careful when moving rocks around inside, etc. You can polish most scratches out if you do have a HUA moment (I purchased my tank used, it had it's fair share of blemishes, but most of...
  18. CharlieTuna

BeamsWork LED lights?

Anybody try the BeamsWork LED lights from aquatrader? http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Light-Underwater-T5-Light-s/22.htm I'm looking for lights for my 24" deep 210g African tank.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store