Search results

1. C

What Weight Fiberglass?

Im about halfway through by 240 gallon build. I was considering liquid rubber but decided to go with epoxy and fiberglass. I'm planning to put a layer of 7.5 oz cloth on the inside. Will this be sufficient? I've seen everything from 6 layers of 8 oz to 6 oz on just the seams. Thanks
  2. C

240 Gallon Build Thread

Decided to go with wetsuit. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  3. C

240 Gallon Build Thread

Im actually thinking of using liquid rubber, if I can seal it with two gallon, I think Ill go with that. Then I wont have to worry about stress cracks.
  4. C

240 Gallon Build Thread

Temporarily screwed together. There's about a 1/8 inch gap on part of one side but epoxy should cover that. Ill screw and use liquid nails to attach the four sides. Then I'll add the top bottom and middle two by four braces. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  5. C

240 Gallon Build Thread

Thanks, I picked up the screws and liquid nails to assemble it, I've got to pick up the bottom piece tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have it assembled then, the goal is to complete this build for under 300, so far so good. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  6. C

240 Gallon Build Thread

Today I cut out the viewing panel and mocked up what the sides would look like when assembled. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  7. C

240 Gallon Build Thread

Finally started my plywood aquarium. It's 52x44x24. I'm sealing it with MAX ACR. The top and bottom will be braced with 2x4s and the seams fiberglassed. Today I had homedepot cut the wood for the sides. Then I planed it square. Don't have much to show, here's the wood under cinder blocks because...
  8. C

HUGE AMOUNT of Marbled Crayfish - PU - 28409

Same here. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  9. C

Sub $300 Dollar Plywood Build

Hate to triple post but I can't figure out how to edit in the app. I found the 135 sq feet coverage at 20 mil here, so two gallons equals 270 sq feet for one coat so with three coats 90 sq ft at 60 mil. But I may be misunderstanding the info. Thanks again for the info, I'm leaning toward max...
  10. C

Esting info. I think I'll just go with that and maybe apply cloth to the sides since the bottom is supported. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. C

Well awesome then, any way you could link me to the page where it says only apply fiberglass to the outside seams, seems like they make have some inter Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  12. C

Thanks for the input, I believe it suggest a minimum of three coats so about 45 square feet a gallon. I know Joey said about a 1/4 of a gallon of liquid rubber per coat for a similarly sized tank. Do you think max axe would be ok with fiberglass tape only at the seams, and a 2x4 top and bottom...
  13. C

Sorry, I meant 4x4x2. The site said 135 square feet feet, with one coat and suggested 3 so I calculated 90 square feet of coverage. I dont have a meanards, just a Lowes, Home Depot and Hardwood Store that sells like $150 sheets. I would prefer Max ACR but without intense fiberglass sheeting use...
  14. C

Well the time has come, my cheap PVC liner has ripped so all the pond fish need a new tank. I've got a channel cat and a couple natives. I figure the 4x2x2 foot print will last a good while so I'm gonna go ahead and build another tank with the same footprint. I've got the front glass panel from...
  15. C

Removing Tank Trim

Any idea where i can buy the trim.
  16. C

Removing Tank Trim

The trim was cracked, it needed to be replaced, so will it be ok with glass braces or should I try to buy new trim. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  17. C

Removing Tank Trim

It's a 55 version of this. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  18. C

Removing Tank Trim

It did have a center brace, in two places, but one was broken, it could easily be replaced with a piece of glass. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  19. C

Removing Tank Trim

A friend of mine gave me a 55 gallon hexagonal thank. It's one of the ones with a 4 foot back glass panel, then two pieces making up the sides at an angle, then a shorter piece for the front. It's trim was cracked so I had to rip it off. I want to put about 20 gallons of water in it and make a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store