Search results

1. T

A Tribute to the Under Gravel Filter..

Here's my 35 gal tall setup.
  2. T

you guys are hilarious! (garage white trash tank makes sense now) lol!
  3. T

yea, I can get pics up later tonight, right now i'm in the garage, workin on a bus. It's not quick n easy for me to post pics, cuz I have a nokia phone, and i don't think the app will run on it, so i have to take pics off my phone, then load them on my cpu. another pia.
  4. T

wow, this thread has really taken off! So I tested the water again today to see if maybe it just needed some off-feeding time to catch up, and it is slightly more orange today, than yesterday, but still not at a solid 20ppm, so I'd say that I definately have a nitrate problem, by not changing my...
  5. T

Got the api test, and it kinda sucks, cuz I can't tell a difference in color between 40 and 80 ppm? my water tested red which is either 40 or 80ppm, but that's a big leap between the two. the kit recommends 40 or under, so if it's 40 i'm prolly borderline. Either way I need more plants.... cuz...
  6. T

alright, I'm gonna go find a nitrate test kit and just see where they are, you may be dead on!
  7. T

skjl47 I totally agree 100% with your statements! I have never had a UGF fail either! LOL! I think a river and stream have a large bio load to deal with also.. particularly plant matter. but Mossy rock and BB on the river bottom can deal with that fairly easily! I am not saying NEVER do a water...
  8. T

I surprised myself... I blew the dust off my master test kit, and decided to just put my money where my mouth was, and.. 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, and 6.8 ph. although I do not have a test for nitrate, with the levels the way they are for ammonia, and nitrite, I am guessing it wouldn't be...
  9. T

Quite true about the set-up prob. There would also need to be actual gravel under those stones too, and it takes a while to establish a strong colony, so water changes in the beginning would still be a must. I have used the intake tube on a HOB filter, stuck it down the tube of the UG filter...
  10. T

Joe jaskot, You name the fish that cannot live in my tank, and I'll throw one in there!
  11. T

I have been keeping fish for years, with many tanks, and I have tried elaborate setups, that will work great, but there always seems to be alot of tinkering, cleaning, maintenance etc., and I almost like the tinkering, sometimes, but I also have a very busy life that doesn't allow me alot of...
  12. T

Maybe I'm Old-school, but I have done just about every sort and type of filter, and the good ol UG Filter is hard to beat. I have 3 Goldfish that are all about 6" in a 35 gallon tank with a UG filter and one powerhead. I have a hob filter with pothos plants for nitrates, and I honestly NEVER do...
  13. T

Water quality problems.

Add Plant filtration to stabilize the Nitrates
  14. T

Bioload exceeded?

x2 on the pothos!
  15. T

Nitrate Suckers?

Go with the Pothos! I just stick it in my hob and it works great!
  16. T

Completely ridiculous algae bloom

filter your water through a foam rubber sponge, (like the foam rubber cushions of your couch) and the water will be clear in a day
  17. T

Unusual fish found with feeders. ID plz

that is a sauger. It's found in rivers and streams, right where they net minnows. they are fast, minnow eatin SOB's, but they never get as big as a walleye.
  18. T

I'm back!

HAS EVERYONE LOST THEIR MIND? Yes, Stock all those fish you listed!!! The rarer the better! People who eventually find out about it's rare occupants will swoop in for the catch! The rest will wonder why your prices are so high for a fish, and when you explain their rareity (sp?) you can expect...
  19. T

LMB

What lake is being poisoned?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store