Search results

1. J

OUTDOOR POND, ALL PIC'S

Thanks a lot ! And he is close to me (maybe ~60kms). Edited to say: the only problem is there are more than 100 people called Fred Sousa in FB....but discarting the brazilians perhaps that leaves only 10-15
  2. J

OUTDOOR POND, ALL PIC'S

Thanks ! Unfortunately, I don´t know Fred. It would be nice to know another koi enthusiast in PT. Do you know where in the country he is located?
  3. J

OUTDOOR POND, ALL PIC'S

I haven´t posted in a while... because I don´t keep MF anymore. Anyway, I have koi now (also MF..) and this is my tank - not exactly a pond, but an old washing tank that I have resealed and converted into a koi tank How it was before And how it looks now this year I had a surprise...
  4. J

So I tried to add silver dollars...

Silver shinning fish = gar prey
  5. J

Channa pulchra with crabs????

Instead of finding twice a day... please consider feeding every 2 days. Channa (specially subtropical ones) don´t need to be fed so much; as a matter of fact it is not good for their health
  6. J

Which Snakehead should I go for? (first Channa) 4x2x2

Good decision, Johnny. Good luck in finding them p.s.: yes dw is driftwood. sorry for not answering before but I haven´t been here lately
  7. J

Myanmar biotope - Channa Pulchra

Looks good! How many do you have?
  8. J

Which Snakehead should I go for? (first Channa) 4x2x2

Hi Johnny, I believe an auranti would be a good choice for your 4x2x2. As regards the decor, I would use dw and (plenty, plenty of) plants. You can use some rocks if you like, but the plants should be seen as a must, specially (but not limited to) floating ones. In order to see the channa and...
  9. J

Marulioides or marulius ? Call out for snakehead experts

I believe those are Maruliius When they are young I believe there are two distinctive characteristics: - Marulius has different blotches on the sides with some white speckles around them; and, the easier distinction -Marulius have a dark vertical line going through the eyeball; Marulioides...
  10. J

Ery. Sp. Peru and some tank mates

If I remmeber well you had 8, didn´t you? Did you lose the other due to agression or sold them? These 4 look geat
  11. J

Mudbutt's drilling a tank for canister filters. 40b superthread (56k)

Great job! I also hate fake plants but must confess they look good (as we hardly notice they are fake) in your display
  12. J

Not quite sure where to begin with my new project!

Hi Cedric If I were there it would be relatively easy to help, but from Portugal via net... it´s a bit more complicated. Starting with Duanes comment 100% correct. These iwaki are not to be submersed. If you look at the last pic you posted of the sump it´seasy to see were they are placed and...
  13. J

PLEASE IDENTIFY - NEW PERU IMPORT

I am not knowledgeable in stingrays - far from it - but I don´t see a single P. hystrix in there... which is natural because they do not occur in Peru. P. orbigny, P. reticulatus and P. motoro (among other species), yes and I believe that is what you´ve got. I know that some exporters sell the...
  14. J

Sometimes its better to be lucky... Altums

Fantastic, the Altums!
  15. J

Got a good deal on a 700G GLASS TANK, BUT WILL IT HOLD? Help please (pics)

The bottom of my tank was only silicone joine and it had the normal bracing on the top. There is a thread on the building of it, but I can´t find it and at the moment I don´t have time to look for it. Maybe later When I moved back into the city, I had to sell the tank because of the size and...
  16. J

Morning Routine

I´ll be honest: I only chek my RTG arowana. Not that I don´t like the other fish...but that´s the only one I check in the mornings. When I come home in the evenings, I check all the others and feed (if it is feeding day).
  17. J

Got a good deal on a 700G GLASS TANK, BUT WILL IT HOLD? Help please (pics)

Hi Until December ´14 I had a glass tank similar to that: 10 x 4 x 28". It was built with 15mm glass and had a safety coefficient/factor of 3.5. Usually companies aim at a minimum safety factor of 2.5. (technically my tank could have been made with 13mm glass) The company that built it said...
  18. J

Odoe Pikes making foam ...

The only problem I see is the plane ticket...
  19. J

Odoe Pikes making foam ...

That is a fantastic achievement! Congrats Too bad the bigger siblings ate the rest. As regards selling them, IF you could ship to Portugal... you´d be able to sell them all (well...at least a good number). I have been looking for one for ages and can´t find odoes. Not even in the (wholesaler)...
  20. J

What Catfish Is This?

Are you going to keep the two in the same tank..? With any other fish?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store