Search results

1. E

Tire Track Eel Dying, Help!

Yes, I had an air pump before, but it had relatively less output.
  2. E

Thank you for your help. I've lowered the heater by a few degrees and added an extra air pump to boost oxygen. I don't know if this is a good or bad sign, but the tire-track returned to his sea urchin shell. I haven't applied anti-parasitic medication yet, as I was told that they can kill...
  3. E

I will lower the temperature as you've said, currently it's 28 C. I have some surface movement but maybe it's not enough. Yes, he flares his gills a lot. The eel is alive but did not accept any food so far. Will add pictures.
  4. E

No, I now realise that the extra water changes don't change anything. I thought the first water change ameliorated its condition, but this turned out to be false. The eel is only getting worse. I have smaller spiney eels which all seem fine. I'll check if PraziPro is available. As for nitrates...
  5. E

The kit shows a very light pink, almost colourless.
  6. E

Eel Dying, Help!

What to do, then? Did your clown knife get well, or die?
  7. E

Eel Dying, Help!

The eel is still alive but swimming abnormally...
  8. E

Eel Dying, Help!

My approx. 13'' tire-track eel seems to be dying. Water parameters are normal: ammonia 0, water temperature 28 C, nitrate less than 2.5 ppm. I do 40% water changes every two weeks. I realised that something was wrong yesterday, during the bi-weekly water change. The eel is not hiding in its...
  9. E

Well, I did a larger water change than usual this time. The eel looks better after the extra water change, but that may be just be wishful thinking I guess.
  10. E

1. It doesn't look skinny to me, and it has been taking food regularly, several pieces of fish every two or three days. 2. Dunno, I don't have a nitrite kit. I very much doubt this is the problem, though. 3. Mostly anchovy, with the occasional shrimp. 4. The anomaly started this morning. The...
  11. E

My approx. 13'' tire-track eel seems to be dying. Water parameters are normal: ammonia 0, water temperature 28 C, nitrate less than 2.5 ppm. I do 40% water changes every two weeks. I realised that something was wrong during the weekly water change which I've just finished. The eel is not hiding...
  12. E

Endlicheri dying HELP!

Thanks. Anybody to identify the reason of death?
  13. E

Endlicheri dying HELP!

He is definitely dead. There were red spots under his head...
  14. E

Endlicheri dying HELP!

Why? I usually have 0-1 nitrate, don't know why the nitrates were higher than usual, though as far as I know 15-20 ppm must not be lethal to any fish, no? I didn't add dechlorinator, I always use water rested for 24 hours. Will do another WC again.
  15. E

Endlicheri dying HELP!

I'm going to quarantine the salamanders until I'm sure they're not toxic and will remove them if they indeed are, thanks for the advice.
  16. E

Endlicheri dying HELP!

Oh, it definitely didn't choke to death. Both catfish are whole and alive. (I just spotted them.) That rules out the choking to death theory. I did a water change yesterday, and the endlicheri was eating as usual. I have no idea why it's dead. (I also added two small salamanders. They're both...
  17. E

Endlicheri dying HELP!

But I added the catfish no more than half an hour ago. Can a bichir die so quickly from choking? It's dead, by the way. RIP, my poor fish.
  18. E

Endlicheri dying HELP!

My 6-7'' endlicheri is dying! It's lying motionless on the aquarium floor. I removed it with a net and took it to my hand, and it suddenly started to squirm. I put it back and it's lifeless again. Water parameters are 0 ammonia, 15-20 nitrate, 6 pH. (Nitrate was usually very low, around 1 ppm...
  19. E

The 150 gallon stock...

Why don't you try BGKs? They're smaller (max size) and less aggressive than clown knives. 150 G would be fine for an adult BGK.
  20. E

G. tiles - Captive bred, or wild caught?

Pictures! I'm assuming most G. tiles are wild-caught. They are called "freshwater morrays" because they are caught in rivers, which they temporarily visit. Also, this website says captive breeding has never been reported yet. Gymnothorax tile
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store