Search results

1. Y

Electric eel grow out.

Very nice What size tank is he ultimately going to go into?
  2. Y

Fire Eel refusing food

Fire is now eating anything and everything - worms, prawn, silverside etc With hindsight, I got the first one too soon - a few days after it came into the fish shop as a wild caught. This 2nd one had a bit more time to settle down.
  3. Y

Fire Eel refusing food

So this 2nd Fire has been taking earthworms for the past 3 nights. First time I had chopped one up, and the bits were oozing liquid. A bit grim, but at least it tempted him, and he ate it. I tried a whole one on the second night. He mouthed it a bit and then finally ate it. And then tonight he...
  4. Y

Fire Eel refusing food

So..... I called the lfs yesterday morning. I know the manager very well and we are on good terms. Discussed the situation with all the options. And he recons that there is either a parasite (requiring a dewormer) or a flagellate issue (requiring Metro). I don't have qt facilities, so he...
  5. Y

Fire Eel refusing food

I can’t get live black worms but have tried blood worms - not interested Tank temps is 28*c He’s with a pair of hystrix Rays, silver dollars and angels. I have been using a long pair of tweezers to get the food right to him, and prevent the other fish from eating it first.
  6. Y

Fire Eel refusing food

It's now 3 weeks and Fire Eel is still refusing food. At what stage should I be concerned?
  7. Y

Fire Eel refusing food

Thanks for the replies. I have tried to target feed at night time. I guess I just have to be patient.
  8. Y

Fire Eel refusing food

Probably a common question But.... I have had a new 30cm Fire Eel for 2 weeks. And it’s refusing to eat. I have tried silver sides, minced fish, blood worm, prawns, live earth worms. Not interested. I have tired target feeding with long tweezers with the lights off. Not interested. Do I...
  9. Y

Bichir conflict

No, it's just the 2.
  10. Y

Fire eel feeding

I also have a new Fire Eel that is on a hunger strike. Have tried tempting it with live earthworms, chopped fish, silver sides. Nothing. It's very frustrating.
  11. Y

Fire eel feeding

I also have a new Fire Eel that is on a hunger strike. Have tried tempting it with liver earthworms, chopped fish, silver sides. Nothing. It's very frustrating.
  12. Y

Bichir conflict

Thanks for the replies. I will give the ornate another week or two to calm down. If he doesn't, I think I will rehome him.
  13. Y

Bichir conflict

I have a Senegal and ornate together with my Rays. Both Bichir about 20cm. Recently the ornate has started hassling the sen. Sneaks up behind it bites it’s tail. Will this behaviour stop? If not I would prefer to rehome the sen as the ornate is a nicer looking fish. But don’t want it then...
  14. Y

Tank Terror Aquatics - UK

The tel no on their website isn't working. But thanks
  15. Y

Tank Terror Aquatics - UK

Hi, Does anyone know if Tank Terror Aquatics in Cornwall, UK is still going? I have tried calling but the line seems to have a problem Does anyone have a contact tel no? Thanks
  16. Y

Tempted to switch to Marine

I have always liked a few "oddball" fish as apposed to a general community. With my fresh water setup, I gave up the general community and got a few oddballs (Dats, Stingrays)
  17. Y

So have been doing a bit of research. At this stage I am thinking of going with a FOWLR setup. Once I gain more experience, may switch over to a full reef, but not at the beginning stage. Re stocking. I was thinking of a Lionfish and maybe one of the smaller Morays. would that work?
  18. Y

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of possibly a lionfish Not sure about stocking levels for a tank my size. That's part of the research that I need to do.
  19. Y

So my current fresh water setup: 550L (5 x 2 x2) oddball/SA cichlids External canister 2 x strips of LED's Went to a public aquarium a few weeks ago....and lets say I am tempted to switch over to marine. Am on a bit of a tight budget. So was thinking of fish only. And as funds become available...
  20. Y

Black Angelfish

In my experience, black Angels are a lot more sensitive to water conditions than a lot of the other colour varieties
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store