Search results

1. D

Lighting question

I agree here, also Actinics are used to enhance the colours seen in the corals. often they are also used to simulate dusk and dawn when used with halides. I would do a double light personally.
  2. D

First salt tank

Wow, I forgot what this site is like.. this is such a pissing contest. Congrats to the OP on getting into the salt. I have been away from this site for some time but, I still love the hobby. Yes the damsils can be a pain in the but when it comes to adding new fish that is something to keep in...
  3. D

LR and/or coral lighting

Can I ask why you have the bubbles in your aquarium?
  4. D

Why did metal framed tanks become obsolete?

that is a beautiful tank, but I have to agree with other posters here that it is the cost thing.
  5. D

Triming the Bottom Of the Tank

thanks FishDog I hadn't seen it done as of yet so glad to hear it is done!
  6. D

Triming the Bottom Of the Tank

alright, I was just wondering if anyone has tried using actual wood trim on the bottom of an aquarium. I know that the standard is the plastic, however I am wondering if you can use a nice wood instead? My own personal concern would be with regards wood rotting with moisture, however there...
  7. D

sump overflowing

I agree with stingray keeper, the only way you can have even levels in your two sumps is to join them with plumbing and piping. Their are to many variables that can change the level in ether sump, slight blockage, or the return pipe tips ever so slightly to one sump then the other, pumps are...
  8. D

New tank

I have to agree, the background is looking very busy. Simple black background would make your fish pop more.
  9. D

Another... Chicla I.D.

I have to agree here, I believe its a mono
  10. D

fiberglass tank

Rays are great seen from above, I don't think you really need a window in the tank that is only 18" deep. Could make a great nursery for the rays.
  11. D

Unknown PBass Juvies Grow out thread.

I love the size comparison to the a guppy there, it won't take long and that guppy will be food. Great thread good luck with the pbass
  12. D

DIY aquarium help

I did a quick check on the dow corning and I would not use that. Best to use a 100% silicone window and door. I would use glass instead of plexi as plexi doesn't hold silicone all that good. Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  13. D

Stingray Disc Problems

Those tank mates are a bit of a risk with your ray. Sorry for your loss. Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  14. D

Rays and plecs?

You run the risk of the pleco sucking on your ray. It is very risky, plecos and catfish can be dangerous to keep with a stingray. Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  15. D

ok hows this look

Simple is always more. I prefer the black background over all others something with a pic would take away from the simple look you have so beautifully made. Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  16. D

Stingray Disc Problems

What were the tank mates it was with? What are the water parameters in now both hospital and main tank? Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  17. D

Motoro Stinagray set up help

That all depends on where you get your sand from. If you are getting sand for aquarium use a few bucket rinses should be fine. If your getting sand for construction or play sand, you need to work a lot harder to remove all the extra dirt from it and its a lot of rinsing. I usually rinse a...
  18. D

ID these please!

Temperatures are very important from speed of metabolism to health of fish. If the temperature is to low you can run the risk of diseases like ick, to high and you can starve or even cook your fish. As for pellet feeding you can start when the fish is healthy and has a bit of weight on it...
  19. D

What is this where the glass panes meet on my tank

It looks to me like silicone that is not trimmed after your tank was made. What does it feel like to you? Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  20. D

Your worst fish bite

I got bit by a 4' Leopard shark while doing an in tank feeding of the fish. Almost got stung by a Lion fish in the same tank, got me in the forearm. Was not as bad as some of the other bites I see here though. I also got nipped by a Florida gar, blind in one eye.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store