Search results

1. K

Dead Pleco?

Hello MFKers, This morning when I was about to feed my fishes, I found one of my Bristlenose Plecos dead on the bottom of the tank. Not sure what the cause of it was but I also have 2 other plecos which I do not want the same thing happening to. The dead Pleco was doing well the night before...
  2. K

I saw something gross at a LFS

That is rather disturbing to see as I have no clue myself. Was that in just that one tank or were there others in that same situation?
  3. K

HOW LONG DO SYMPTOMS FROM SHOCK/STRESS PERSIST?

Depending on how stable you have gotten your tank to be, their length of stress, and as well as if your fishes has contracted any diseases during the period of stress. I would try to add salt to tank if you haven't already as they also help reduce stress and at the same time reduce the toxicity...
  4. K

White Spots on Wen of a Red Cap Oranda

Yes, I definitely will :)
  5. K

Thanks for the many replies. The white spots on the red cap has disappeared. It appears to definitely be just growth of the wen yay! They are all still moving happily.
  6. K

Temperature of the tank right now is 72 degrees. I just taken a look at him again and seems like the white spot is diminishing. The white spot near his eyes seems to be fading now and is less apparent. But I will keep checking and hopefully it'll get better whatever it is. The spots doesn't...
  7. K

Just noticed a couple white spots on the wen of my Red Cap Oranda this morning. It doesn't appear to be Ich as it doesn't have any grain like white spots anywhere else on it's body. And the white spots on the head seems a bit bigger than Ick spots. He seems to be moving normally and eating...
  8. K

say it isn't camallanus

Well didn't neccessarily have to be bloodworms since the guy in the article was treating a paradise fish. As for a pleco, I guess the way your bf is doing is fine, as long as it's eating it. Though I can't say I know exactly what to do as it hasn't happened to my fishes before but let's just...
  9. K

say it isn't camallanus

Fenbendazole is definitely very effective for de-worming. This article might be helpful to you, http://www.petfish.net/kb/entry/154/.
  10. K

Ich attack help!

Thanks for the suggestion, I have removed the coin. And so far the fish infected with the ICH has now been cured. Thanks for everyone's input :) Though there were some casualties along the way, but let that be an experience learned for the future for me..
  11. K

Ich attack help!

Should I do a 20% water change first to try and lower the nitrite? Here are some pics I just took.. sorry about the resolution, taken with a phone. 10gal. tank : Goldie + Pleco : Close up of the goldie : Pleco : 60gal. tank : The koi fish and filter (a DIY in-tank trickle filter) ...
  12. K

Ich attack help!

Just did some test of the water parameters. 10gal. tank (Albino Pleco, and the sick goldfish) pH = 7.5 Ammonia = 0.0 Nitrite = 3.3 Temperature = 68F 60gal. tank (2 koi fishes) pH = 7.0 Ammonia = 0.0 Nitrite = 0.1 Temperature = 64F The nitrite level seems really really high in the 10gal. tank...
  13. K

Ich attack help!

Yes, I guess I'm learning this the hard way :(.. I'm feeling very sorry for the fishes I've made suffer :(.. What can I do with the current fishes that are still present?
  14. K

The "one inch per gallon" rule

Can a tank ever be too big for a fish considering filtration and essentials are sufficient?
  15. K

Most common mistake

Putting in too much fish into a small tank and not noticing how stressed out they are from being overcrowded (4 fishes + 1 pleco in a 10gal.). Lost 2 fishes because of this and now one of them is being treated for Ich..
  16. K

What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

Not noticing one of my fish had Ich and left it for a week thinking he was fine :(.. Died on the day I took action after finding out it was Ich a week later when one of my other fish contracted the similar symptoms.. Very sad and upset at myself about it..
  17. K

DIY filter w/ drawer

Wow those DIY filters seems really cool.. Still new to all these fish stuff and would have never guessed these would be used in such way!
  18. K

Ich attack help!

Sorry for the double post, would like to add, The 10gal. tank had a piece of driftwood and an artificial glow in the dark plant in it prior to the Red Headed Goldfish's death. I have removed both from the tank, rinsed and let it sat in boiling hot water for a bit before I placed them into the...
  19. K

Ich attack help!

Hello, I am very new to the world of fish keeping and taking great interest in it. Recently I have set up a new 10 gal. tank roughly a month and a half ago with a filter, at first with 4 fishes (2 small Koi, a small goldfish that had a big red head, and a fairly large goldfish). During the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store