Search results

1. Mavrick813

Male Blue Convict? PICS

I get my Giants at The Hidden Reef when they do their 75% freshwater sale. $0.50 a piece...
  2. Mavrick813

Male Blue Convict? PICS

I would agree about the cons, I had a 180g for 9 years with 4 Oscars, a breeding pair of Cons, 20 Giant Danios, and an assortment of Plecos. The Cons had their cave and made babies. The Os kept the Con Population around 7-10 free swimmers at any given time
  3. Mavrick813

Male Blue Convict? PICS

That all sounds good in theory. But these fish are already seriously outnumbered in a very crowded 265g Oscar tank.
  4. Mavrick813

Male Blue Convict? PICS

I was actually hoping that the Blue Male and Pink Female I have would give me a 59/59 chance of Pjnk or Blue Babies.... Your literature says that's not gonna happen. My Blue Male is a lot more stunning so in order to get blue babies I suppose I should ditch the Pink Con and go get a batch of...
  5. Mavrick813

Male Blue Convict? PICS

I was aiming more for Blue Convicts, or Possibly Pinks. I didn't realize that the "Blue Convict" I have was an HRP and after doing some Google Image Searches I'd have to concur. So I have Male HRP and Female Pink Convict Hybrids. Yay....
  6. Mavrick813

Male Blue Convict? PICS

This is my Male Blue Convict, he's Paired to a Pink a Convict. Free Swimmers look like standard Cons!?! Anyone with experience here know if the Babies develop color as the mature?
  7. Mavrick813

Looking for a large volume canister, S. Jersey....

There are numerous FX5s on CL for $140-175 And another is selling a 90G setup with an FX6 for $300 you could easily take the filter and get $150 for everything else.
  8. Mavrick813

Oscar Tank Needs Help!!!

The two fx5s were established for several years on my 40g breeder, they were moved over to the 265G on 11/1/15 when I got it. The Eheim Classic and Turbo Twist 36w were added later that week. Fish stock to begin with was, Rhino Pleco, Sailfin Pleco, Bushynose Pleco. Fish were added a few at...
  9. Mavrick813

Oscar Tank Needs Help!!!

You are reading right Pops, I had kept a breeding pair of cons and 5 Os in a 180 for 8+ years until I had a stand / tank failure and lost them all. The idea was to grow the Os out until they were about 5-6" and keep the best of the best at that point and donate the rest to the LfS,
  10. Mavrick813

Oscar Tank Needs Help!!!

No, I stocked nov-dec. I checked throats for con babies and found none. No swelling or deformations at all. Mike
  11. Mavrick813

Need Help ASAP.?.?.

Yes, they are gorgeous
  12. Mavrick813

Need Help ASAP.?.?.

Got it, thanks...
  13. Mavrick813

Need Help ASAP.?.?.

No Losses this AM... That's a Plus... no Signs of Illness on the fish in the tank either, as well no indication of a Bully yet...
  14. Mavrick813

Python after use in a sock quarantine tank?

To sanitize my hoses I hook my Python hose to a pump and set the pump in a 5 gallon bucket of 50/50 bleach and water, with the return end of the python going back to the bucket. I run this overnight. To dechlorinate I run the same setup with a half a bottle of prime and water. I have 2...
  15. Mavrick813

Need Help ASAP.?.?.

I was hoping for some other answer but it seems to be the general consensus so far... Smdh, I'll keep a look out and see if I can find a culprit
  16. Mavrick813

albino Oscar deformity?

You could try Hikari Cichlid Gold. Small and medium floating pellet. He does look deformed imho
  17. Mavrick813

Need Help ASAP.?.?.

The last O died during the AM while I was awake, weak, settling to bottom of tank, minimal twitching. Unless the Con beat on him all night long as well as two other Os
  18. Mavrick813

Need Help ASAP.?.?.

Hikari Cichlid Gold, and Staple, Massivore Delight, and Hikari Algae Wafers...
  19. Mavrick813

Need Help ASAP.?.?.

Injury 2
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store