Search results

1. A

LFS For Sale

Lock it up mods.. SOLD!
  2. A

LFS For Sale

Ohh, Man.. This is going to come as a shock to some people in the area. I'm going to make an attempt to sell my LFS in Bend, Oregon. I'm not asking much $20,000 which is less than I've put into it for sure. But it's a chance for the right person to turn a hobby into a dream. Emphasis on the...
  3. A

Grow out system/ master filtration system- $600

Massive filtration system- or fry grow out system- or turn it into what you like.. The system came to me and I thought I could use it- I believe it was a petco master filtration system, my plan was to use the middle chambers to grow fry in. It's complete with pump and uv filtration though I'll...
  4. A

Probably my Favorite fish..

They both eat fish! The biger guy has doubled in size in the last 3 months because I started breeding south american cichlids like zonatus, convicts, jewels and severums- 99 percent of the convicts and jewels go to my dats. I raised 30 tiny thinbars by feeding them fry. I mix them with a few of...
  5. A

Watercow Goby eats REd Devil!

Mine ate a 7, almost 8 inch koi yesterday that died in shipping.
  6. A

We're in Bend Oregon. He lives in his own 55 for now. I'm not too hip on letting him chase fish around the tank because he's more of a lay and wait predator and he gets frustrated.
  7. A

Betta breeding setup. Help/advice

Lights on after the male kicks the **** out of the female and squeezes the eggs out of her- he needs to see the eggs to keep them in the nest. if nothing happens I take her out after three days- but watch out. sometimes the male or the female will kill the other in a very short time. some people...
  8. A

Betta breeding setup. Help/advice

I do it really simple. i fill up a 8-10 inch tupperware container with ro or purified water to about 4.5 inches of water, I've used indian almond leaves but also use peat extract that's easier to get. Float that in the top of one of my other fish tanks to get the temp but it's usually more like...
  9. A

Probably my Favorite fish..

I raised this guy since he was the size of a nickle when he arrived half dead in a bag in the middle of winter and look at him now. He's getting there! The really cool thing about him is that sometimes he swims into my hand like in this picture and follows me in the tank to wherever he can still...
  10. A

Blue berry arrowana

That's hillarious! I heard your uncle breeds them!
  11. A

Blue berry arrowana

The complications are usually in the dying process in this case because they are stripped of their slime coat and dipped in a dye. Some other fish are actually injected with hypodermic needles and tattooed! The bias against them is that it's not natural and the process is cruel. The Dye...
  12. A

Owning a water cow is an experience! They're always available from my suppliers but I think one is enough for my store. Probably my favorite fish- Then again, I think I lucked out with "Big Garth" He's probably one of a kind! If you guys come in from out of town, lemme know you're from mfk. I'll...
  13. A

Officially an addict!

Dude- I love those cats! I can't keep them in the store!
  14. A

Blue berry arrowana

Hey Guys- I'm the LFS Owner at Aquatopia. I agree with most people on here that Dying fish is cruel and I typically don't support it. I do have a "BlueBerry" Arowana and it IS a dyed Silver( he's really getting close to 6 inches). A black for $60 - lemme know where I can find them at that price...
  15. A

Thanks, This fish is one of those rare fish that has an awesome personality. He's interactive! I've trained him to eat mostly from my hand and he lets me guide him around the tank like a ship then turns around for a treat but never tries to bite my fingers yet! Though he difinitely would if he...
  16. A

my african butterfly fish

Keep a good lid on our tank they're known to commit suicide! I hand feed mine
  17. A

Brackish fish like this the salt content would vary on a regular basis with tides I generaly believe that if a fish is brackish then you should keep him in a brackish tank though what that means depends totally on the specie of fish we're talking about. I do half to a third of what is generally...
  18. A

Nope- though they're found in both brackish and completely freshwater areas. Mine stays in quite a bit less salt than a typical brackish tank at a level most fish could survive in but he'd eat anything that I kept with him except for another goby- He had a sleeper goby in with him for quite a...
  19. A

Beautiful fish! I have rock kribs and flameback haps- the vics are so awesome that I think I'm moving that direction!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store