Search results

1. O

How Wolves changed Rivers.. interesting..

I imagine the same goes for other alpha predators like Sharks and other species of fish.
  2. O

New bass pro shops in Cary, NC(pics of aquarium)

The Bowfin they have in the that tank looks like its in pretty rough shape.
  3. O

Glass petruding from my fish anus .

I would just leave it and let it pass. It has already passed through the fish so the hard part is done it just needs to finish passing. It would most likely be more harmful to physically remove it, and stress the fish at the same time. I would only physically remove it if it doesn't pass in a...
  4. O

Brown algae like crazy now

less light. that's way too much that's probably why you have algae problems. make sure you try to physically remove it aswell
  5. O

300gal Population

I think a large minnow community like fatheads would be pretty interesting in this tank, sure its not a large fish but your fish will eat them which is very healthy and they will clean up the bits of food your turtles don't eat. As for bigger fish any sunfish would probably work.
  6. O

black crappie and redfinned pickerel

I'm not really sure how to answer this question. How about telling us the size of the fish you are feeding and what size are the minnows?
  7. O

Is Rihanna a music ICON???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEYs0CMe4U Music awards mean nothing, its just another cash grab.
  8. O

Micranthemum sp. Monte Carlo 3

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Micranthemum+sp.+Monte+Carlo+3
  9. O

Eheim Filters not adequate?

how often do you clean your canister??? maybe the canister was dirty and not working aswell as it should.
  10. O

Dried Krill and Dried Shrimp

Krill and Shrimp are different species. Krill are from the ocean and shrimp are freshwater (ghost shrimp). I've tried to feed freshwater fish krill but they are larger I find then the freeze dried shrimp and smell more like the ocean lol.
  11. O

Selling Channa Gachua with cheap tank set .

>_> <_< you couldn't make a more suspicious username to go along with your first post selling something..
  12. O

Motoro Stingray Adult TRIO Marble F Reg Motoro M's $ 750 PU chicago

Be careful of this guy^ he hasn't done anything besides try to sell and buy things on this site, probably a scammer
  13. O

First Native tank

Haha yep you would be the source. I highly suggest the op take up Umbra's offer and go get some beautiful natives.
  14. O

Uknown sudden death of entire stock

I've seen a synodontis cat wipe a whole tank out over night. One of the members of my local aquarium club rescued one that was at 4" and it killed every fish in the tank over night, didn't eat them or anything. How big was the cat?? is it alive or dead also?
  15. O

Mucus like stuff coming from gills.

It doesn't sound like something to worry about, Fish often get particles coming out of there gills especially if they are eating foods that break up while the swallow. Happens to my fish all the time when they eat freeze dried shrimp. as for the mucus that sounds like a slime coat. don't worry
  16. O

My Idea for my new tanks

Your plans for the 120gallon looks like it will be pretty over stocked, if you plan 2-3 on the Black Crappie, White Crappie, and the Sacramento perch.
  17. O

Sick gar

What kind of tank is he in? size of the tank and fish?
  18. O

Native algae eater???

I'll give you a bit of a comparison to what I am running. I have a 72 Gallon tank (not much bigger then yours) I have it stocked with 1 Rock Bass 1 Black Crappie and 3 Pumpkinseed sunfish, all 5 of them not much bigger then the fish you have stocked in your tank. I have slight aggression issues...
  19. O

First Native tank

Hey I'd like to throw in a couple of suggestions. The species you are looking at getting are great choices. I'd suggest maybe not going the brook stickleback route, I've noticed they can get very aggressive and a bit nippy if you are keeping other daces and shiners. May I suggest you looking...
  20. O

Large Pond Emptied Today... A Few Pleasant Surprises

I had no idea that Flier were native to Manitoba that's awesome. I'm a huge native fish fan, being from SK there isn't much here for lakes with sunfish, we have native rock bass and one lake with largemouth and that's it for native sunfish. EDIT: The small sucker like fish you mentioned...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store