Search results

1. G

Three batches of breeding Occel fries

Thanks, im posting the vid of my tank with the breeding pair. below. Thanks, im posting the vid of my tank with the breeding pair. below. I make sure they lay on rocks, then just move the rock slate when they are done. Thanks, was happy with it when they laid every 3 weeks and may growout...
  2. G

Three batches of breeding Occel fries

Sharing my grow-out tank for 3 batches from my breeders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNdwWMHTjqQ Thanks
  3. G

Smelly tank?

it they have leftovers, remove them after 10mins if not eaten. the rotting massivore might be the culprit.
  4. G

Breeding feeder goldfish

i have a big holding tank for my feeder gold fish, i feed them for my peacock bass (cichlas), what i do i once in a while i get two one with a big tummy and one slim, which with luck should be female and male. place them in a separate tank or shallow tub with air tube, they should lay eggs with...
  5. G

Need cichla ID

Not so good looking orino or a hybrid orino x mono?, 3rd bar is connecting to the Caudal Blotch, also silver/gold lining to its 3 bars.
  6. G

Is this a Mono or Hybrid?

not an expert but may be Cichla pleiozona, just because of its fourth dark vertical bar on caudal peduncle along with an occipital bar.
  7. G

Odd\unusual color green 1" fry

I have alot of occelaris fry at atleast 500, on a small batch of 80 that is currently at 1" one stud-out because it was green while the rest were all yellow/gold. the parents are supposedly wild from an importer. im thinking of keeping it to see how it grows, what do you think?
  8. G

Does anyone elses bass do this?

My 20" bass can gulp down 3 goldfish that are 3" and hold them in his mouth for about 3-10mins before swallowing, you can still see the gold fish eyes or tail each time the bass slightly opens his mouth.
  9. G

Spawning Kelberi

i breed my pbass regularly, i currently have about 2000 fry's total from 3 batches, i documented my experience on this link. http://gerryjun.abaluna.com/hobbies/fishkeeping/breedingpeacockbasscichlaocellaris its not updated, i no longer log my batches, but i think i was able to grow and sell...
  10. G

Best tank mates for p.bass

I keep mine with bichirs like, ansorgi, congi and ornati. and they are good with each other.
  11. G

Please Help ID, ty

any clue? pls. thanks
  12. G

Witnessed something this morning.

upto 8" is the juvi stage, you can only expect any breeding at 12" and above, mine started breeding at 14" female and 18" male.
  13. G

Please Help ID, ty

Hi, Can you guys verify my cichlas, they are about 5 inch. Thanks
  14. G

Does any have a adult Sao Fran

not an expert but i usually know its a kel if it has spangles in the anal fins at about 6" and above, the two above looks more like orinos, but im not an expert=)
  15. G

In Memory of my 24" Temensis

Thanks guys, im now grooming one Orino 14" and four Kels at 5" for replacement.
  16. G

In Memory of my 24" Temensis

In Memory of my 24" Temensis, 6mo ago. died due to transport, could not find a large container for him for the 40min ride. Thanks
  17. G

Could this be a baby goldfish?

if you seen only one, its probably not, if you had goldie fry's youll get alot of them.
  18. G

Proven Breeder Jumped From Tank

convicts are good parents, let the fry be with the female for 2-3 weeks, then remove the fry or let them be and add your new male. This will; 1. the fry's will be more self reliant and will probably survive predation from the new male at 3 weeks. 2. rest for the female, it is doubtful it will...
  19. G

Help with fry

try feeding them brine shrimp, google on how to hatch them.
  20. G

It's Monsters Turn!! - Peruvian Mono's BREED! / We've got EGGS fellas -

at the second day, eggs should turn brown with a dark spot, at this point any remaining eggs that are still bright yellow to white are infertile. at the 3rd day you should have wrigglers, i usually get around 1500 - 3000 eggs around 400 will hatch. out of 400 i get 150-250 of live 1 - 1.5"...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store