Search results

1. G

smelly fish tank

I had a cichlid, green terror actually, who died inside an ornament and started rotting. It was the grossest thing ever. I had to break the ornament into little pieces to get it out. I have no idea how it got in there. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. G

Visually speaking, more than 4 fish in a tank is too much.

Go with what you like, neither is really "wrong". Look at a lot of tanks from Asia, a glass box with fish and nothing else. Or a lot of tanks from Europe with a jungle of plants and like one fish. It's all about what you prefer as long as the needs of the fish are met Sent from my iPad...
  3. G

MFK app

Yeah that sucks, I only even look at the forums on my iPad so lately I've just been on less, going to other forums that actually work. So if they want less participation, there right on track Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  4. G

MFK app

Are they ever going to fix the app so I can look at participated threads or are they bailing on that? Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  5. G

Have You Bought a Fish But Later Changed Your Mind & Fed It To Your Monster Fish?

I've never done that but I don't really think it would be inherently wrong to do so, I know some people eventually eat there own large fish they keep. It really all comes down to our emotions, as we feed live shrimp to our pets, live snails and all other kinds of inverts and don't think that...
  6. G

Ctenopoma Perthereci

Does anyone know anything about these fish, I just picked up 5 and at this size I can't really see any difference from Kingsleye but these are supposed to grow 4 inches instead of 6-7 and stay a bit more elongated when grown. The Internet has like no info about them, the only site I found was...
  7. G

Bio home ultimate filter media???

I guess I'll just have to try some then Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  8. G

Bio home ultimate filter media???

http://www.tynevalleyaquatics.co.uk/biohome-ultimate/4579083708 Has anyone heard of this stuff? It's from Europe and claims the core can be colonized by anaerobic bacteria and remove nitrates from the water. Just wondering if anyone has experience with it? Sent from my iPad using...
  9. G

Spot light vs Florescent lights

Just a note on the "shimmer" effect LEDs create. I have a seizure disorder and can not look at that for long periods of time. So if you are sensitive to flickering lights it may not be for you. I only bring it up cause I spent a bunch of money on lights before realizing my sensitivity. Just...
  10. G

Rest In Peace Mr.Spock

He was a great man and I will miss him. Time for a Star Trek marathon. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. G

P. Gymnothorax questions

A Google search says they can get close to 5 feet, probably not in an aquarium though Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  12. G

snakehead photo gallery -- post your snakehead pictures here

This thread always makes me so jealous. I hate living in America Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  13. G

Archer fish question

So the power head didn't work, they are just getting more aggressive. I'm now considering selling three and just keeping one. They seem to be a solitary species in my opinion, at least as adults anyway. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  14. G

Where to get American Eels

I saw some for sale here in Oregon yesterday at an LFS near me. Little American eel elvers for 8.99. I had never seen them for sale before. They were in freshwater Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  15. G

Archer fish question

From what I have read the small scale archer, Microlepis, can be kept in fresh long term. That is the most common one your likely to find. They look very similar to the regular archers so can be hard to tell. As far as I know, Blythii, the ones I have are the only other freshwater archer...
  16. G

Archer fish question

There are like 7 species of archer and most of them are freshwater, it just happens that most of those are in Australia and nobody gets fish from Australia. These are from rivers in Myanmar, formerly Burma. It's a region that is very hard to get fish out of, that is why you rarely see fish...
  17. G

Archer fish question

I'm gonna put a power head in there today and see what happens. I read the practical fish keeping article from the UK that does say they like a strong water current so I'm going with that. Did you find other info that says they come from faster waters? I always like to have more than one...
  18. G

Archer fish question

Seriously ,they actually followed each other around. I've had these four about two weeks now and they seem to hate each other. They are all the same size but one of them runs the whole tank. It won't let any of the other archers come out from behind the plants, it immediately chases them...
  19. G

Archer fish question

I'll Ty to get good pics later, they stare out the front of the tank so it's hard to get a side shot. I removed almost all tank mates earlier today. There just with an empire gudgeon, three platies and a few zebra loaches. They seem to like it a bit better now, they still don't like...
  20. G

Archer fish question

The number might be the problem I'm not sure, I was only able to get four, I wanted seven but four was all they had. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store