Search results

1. D

Help ID this possible Sunfish?

female Jordanella floridae?
  2. D

Baby Largemouth Bass?

If you don't know for sure, you are better off not contributing anything.
  3. D

Baby Largemouth Bass?

So... post a pic and get them ID'd. If you've kept them before and your tank is prepared, why are you asking about them now? And all_or_nothin... Just because it is private doesn't make it legal. I would advise that you ID fish before you take them because like Noto said, if you netted...
  4. D

What kind of panfish is this?

I think arthur is right in that it looks like a female L. humilis.
  5. D

Grass and Chain Pickerel together?

You are talking maybe a month. Chains grow much faster than grass.
  6. D

looking for warmouth or rock bassi was looking

You can go down to the Rappahannock to catch the rock bass. The Upper Potomac also has them. Warmouth can be found in the Fredericksburg area and south of there. They aren't too common up this way.
  7. D

Grass and Chain Pickerel together?

Not just theory, in reality. The chain will eat the grass.
  8. D

buying natives need some info

Plus Cali doesn't allow import of any of the Esox spp.
  9. D

Darter ID?

No need to. They don't do any real damage to each other. I have two in a 72g and they've been together for years.
  10. D

Darter ID?

Fantail darters are pretty territorial. Not all darters are that way, but fantails are one species that I've experienced to be.
  11. D

pickerel tank mate

clifton, eh? I assume you purchased the grass pickerel then? I've had success keeping a redfin pickerel with a warmouth. Just make sure they are of similar size and you should be fine.
  12. D

HELP WITH COLLECTING

Oh, you can use a "butterfly net" or a collapsible pond net. Up here you can get the pond net from petsmart/petco. We also have seines at our Walmarts, well at least used to
  13. D

HELP WITH COLLECTING

If you're in FL, that wasn't a rainbow darter. Maybe a gulf darter?
  14. D

Darter ID?

Etheostoma justablur, Blurry darter
  15. D

sigh

Yes, decapitation is "humane". Know anyone with an oscar or other larger fish?
  16. D

Grass pickerel?

The grass/redfin pickerel are your fish. If you have a supply of gambusia near you, that would help out a lot. In FL, I imagine you can breed them all year long.
  17. D

Grass pickerel?

Ideally, they will want vegetation. I even used fake plant cover. But yeah, they aren't active unless they are "hunting" for food. Not a very exciting fish to keep.
  18. D

Grass pickerel?

A grass pickerel would be good in a 40g breeder for life. You may be able to get away with two of them. I've known of people keeping them in a 20g for life, although I would go with a 30g long as a minimum. They really don't need that much room.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store